Why is it that I never meet any nice men in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randall Ahren wrote:

Naturelle Starbrook wrote (emphasis added):

I don't want to talk someone into getting a makeover because that
would require too much work
and it would ruin my fantasy! 

Not only do you have high standards, but you're lazy too! :smileywink:

*shakes head*

Well, I think we have identified the reason why you have never had a bf even though you've been a resident since 2006. While you are entitled to do SL your way, it is the shared experience that greatly enriches the experience. With a bf you are role playing a special type of shared experience, a romantic one. If you don't want to share the experience, it's going to be really difficult to find and keep a guy's interest.

There are plenty of interesting guys in SL - more than there are boring ones.  I can enjoy a well put together avi as much as the next gal, but I am also open to the ones who make their avs look grotesque on purpose.  Some of the most interesting people can be found in the most unlikely of appearances.  You may find me dancing with a dwarf or a dragon, conversing with a demon or vampire, having coffee with a robot or orc, enjoying the company of newbies or oldbies.  This is my SL.  There are so many people to meet from so many places and most everyone has been really nice.  I think it may be where you are looking or possibly how you are looking.  These people are everywhere - art sims, music clubs, poetry readings, rp areas... The list goes on.  It took me months of just watching to involve myself in conversations, but it gets easier all the time.  Your nice guy is out there, Sonja.  Work up some courage, go to a place you enjoy and find something to chat about.

Well, the man of you're dreams will eventually come.... I was looking for a friend i met a long time ago, which i havent seen in forever, and then all of a sudden i found a reconized username on a SL marketplace review :o it was like i was meant to find them... So just live your life and he will come your way  :smileyhappy:

xcookiemonsterx wrote:

So just live your life and he will come your way  :smileyhappy:

Or maybe loneliness will be your constant companion everyday of your life until you die.

ps: Sounds harsh, but is that the way to get what you're after in life? Instead of just living your life, how about writing, directing, and starring in your own life story. What do the heroines do in your stories?

Sonja Smedley wrote:

Was this addressed to me?

I am not sure....

It was addressed to the cookiemonster who addressed you. Cookie's advice was to live your life and hope your prince shows up. I don't think that's a good plan because it hasn't been working. It's a bit like telling an unemployed person to just live their life and hope a job shows up.

If you want it, go make it happen.

Oh ok...I see!:-)

Well yes I should do more to reach out for people but it is same like in real life that I am more shy.

Even though it seems to be easier to get in contact with someone in the  virtual world...but I was never a person who talked much with people.

And to many people it may seem arrogant but I am absolutely not.

So yes...I should really work on that...in both worlds I guess....hm.

I have found that there are plenty of great guys in SL!  I think the best advice is to just do what you enjoy doing in SL and strike up conversations with people that you findi interesting.  I never expected to meet someone or have a relationship in SL...it just kind of happened.  I think that is the best way....try not to worry about finding a partner...just do what you love and be friendly...It will happen!  

Good Luck!

After a few days I found my way back to the man I was together the last weeks and months.

We had several breaks, ups and downs...and it was really a hard time for both.

But we found out that we really love each other, in SL and in RL...no matter how often I tried to separate these two worlds.

It is not possible.

We are now together again, he sent me a partnership offer and I accepted....the 10th time?

I know we are crazy...I guess I am much more crazy than him, but I think we should try and find out.

Thanks for all the good advices.

I will see what the future brings....:0)

Randall Ahren wrote:

You mean like Dana's profile?

Actually Chief, you'll find no such veiled threats, "you're not good enough"s, and not a single expectation ANYwhere in my profile. Only honest communication about my likes/dislikes/observations, how i personally approach SL, and info pertaining to everyones right to play SL in the manner they choose and not be harrassed for it... something i openly stand up and fight for, for anyone. If you, Randall, happen to find my open and blunt nature offputting then so be it... it only proves once again that my profile does exactly what it was designed to do.. weed out undesireables.

I made a post quoting a word used in your profile to describe yourself. However, the mod removed my post because the quoted word is considered profanity under the community guidelines.

Once I read a woman's profile that stated she was really mean. I sent her an IM asking if she was actually really mean. She replied by asking if I was stupid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.