Why is it that I never meet any nice men in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naturelle Starbrook wrote (emphasis added):

I don't think her standards are too high, I just think there is a shortage of men.  I have never had a guy in sl and I have been here for some time.  I am not actively searching but I have yet to meet a guy that I like and
all I require is a nice looking avi.

The bolded portion really made me laugh. I had to look up your profile after that. Yes, you are ancient, rezzed back in 2006. Your profile looks okay. I don't see how it's possible that you never had a guy in SL. Surely you must have had a fling or two.

Naturelle Starbrook wrote:

I don't think her standards are too high, I just think there is a shortage of men.  I have never had a guy in sl and I have been here for some time.  I am not actively searching but I have yet to meet a guy that I like and all I require is a nice looking avi.

srry but im not the one for you then ;)

Orange Dress 04

No, never had a fling or anything.  I just don't meet guys that have any fashion sense.  Most of them don't even wear shoes!  

What do you mean no fashion sense?  Harumphhhhhhhhhhhh!

Perrie Juran wrote:

Orange Dress 04

No, never had a fling or anything.  I just don't meet guys that have any fashion sense.  Most of them don't even wear shoes!  

What do you mean no fashion sense?  Harumphhhhhhhhhhhh!

We should go dancing some time, Perrie.  Will you wear that? :matte-motes-big-grin:

Cinn

Sonja Smedley wrote:

Where do I get this hat??????

I got that at one of the booths (it was a freebie) at the Pyri Fun Fair.

http://secondlife.com/destination/pyri-funfair

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pyri%20Peaks/130/109/115

It was built originally for Halloween a couple of years ago by the SL Department Of Works.  Still a fun place, especially the Tunnel Of Love.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

We should go dancing some time, Perrie.  Will you wear that? :matte-motes-big-grin:

Cinn

I sent it out to the SL Prim Stretchers for alterations and cleaning and never got it back.  They claim they can't find it.  Honestly, I think one of the girls there must have kept it for herself.  :(

Though everybody likes an eyecandy, (me too, of course) One of the men with the most alluring personality I have come to meet in SL up to date, was wearing a freebie av and attire, YEARS after his rezz date. Certainly I  helped him to look a bit better some days after we meet, but which called my attention was the friendliness  his profile displayed...same as in RL, a good look can hide a boring personality; and all the  way around

Lol!..yes!! (Geez! I feel myself shallow as hell now! :-))

Seriously now.... if the guy allows her some advice to fix himself up a bit, all the better, otherwise, well,  perhaps his personality is nice enough for him to be an excellent SL companion, no shoes and all.

Though I  will never deny how much I like  handsome avatars, I have seen quite a few of them that have behind a very uninteresting person, so at this point, a good looking avatar, is not enough to spark my interest beyond  the short  time to  take a good look at him

Here is why you cannot find a nice, loving, understanding man in SL -

They already have boyfriends.

Now let us top that off with a bumper sticker I once saw -

"Forget it princess, Prince Charming already hooked up with the knight in shining armor."

There IS one option -

There was this crazy lady I knew in SL who would log on her female alt and also her male alt and those two were dating.

Yes it sounds weird but this lady was nutty as a squirrel poop.

But yes the waiting is awful. I am still wondering if Randall is going to ask me out.

Oh I do voice when I know someone better...have no problem with that.

I did not know that all guys like bi-sexuality....lol

But when I´m honest I don´t want to share my man with other woman.

Not even here in SL.

But I know there are many relationships which are working good that way...but only If both agree with this sort of having fun in SL and RL.

I don't think her standards are too high, I just think there is a shortage of men.

I think the shortage is only of men that look the way you want them to look. There is probably an over abundance of guys with that freebie skin and hair that almost every man finds at some point in SL. You know the one I'm referring to. I used to look that way.

Jasmyn may have a good idea. Find one of those guys and persuade him to make the leap from freebie skin and attire to higher quality wear. However, when he does that other women may pounce on him. Then you may know what it feels like to be god and hate your own creation.

If you do see a dude that looks the way you want dudes to look, it's probably because a woman inspired him to look that way.

Sonja Smedley wrote:

Why is it that I never meet any nice men in SL?

Unwritten SL rules apply everywhere, so you have to be careful exactly what you say and how you say it. You mention the word "drama" in your profile.. big no-no. That unofficially says to readers that you're actually a drama magnet or drama queen. Don't even say the word. You also send mixed messages with your RL section. The presence of a RL pic is a MAJOR attractor to anyone who is a RL'er type, who would like to get to know your real identity and take interactions with you to the real world. Below that you say you "keep RL separated from SL".

With just those 3 things you've discouraged me if I'm a roleplayer (the pic means your SL presence favors the RL), the false assumption of a drama queen would likely deter me if i'm an SL-only immersionist and sort of shy (who wants to live with constant drama?), and telling me you keep SL and RL seperated means my goals of establishing a RL connection with your real self (as a RLer) are now smashed. There are only those 3 major viewpoints and we all use one or more of them at any given time. Sooo.. What's left?

Certainly none of those profile things may be true, but the social rules of  "warning signs" or "red flags" are there and people watch for them like hawks, even if they are untrue. Once bitten, twice shy, warn a friend.. that's how it spreads. It also doesn't take much to dissuade someone from IMing or chatting with you if they are timid, shy, or otherwise debating whether or not to make first contact. I would wager a large precentage of the "nice" men would fall under that catagory.

Oh God, how about the girls who use the excuse of being hit on by rude men, to put all sorts of rude, vulgar and "You're not good enough for me" messages in their profile? Long lists of their requirements and expectations. Gee am I good enough for her? Prob not, and I could care less! haha

"I am not interested in meeting any men" - that would do it for me without all the 'drama"

Kathe Arcana wrote:

Nice guys in SL are rather boring. I've know a lot of them, and had to kick them to the curb.

That's so ironic. About half the complaints you see from women about men is how they were seduced, lied to, betrayed, and used by some scoundrel. At least it wasn't boring....

Randall Ahren wrote:

Kathe Arcana wrote:

Nice guys in SL are rather boring. I've know a lot of them, and had to kick them to the curb.

That's so ironic. About half the complaints you see from women about men is how they were seduced, lied to, betrayed, and used by some scoundrel. At least it wasn't boring....

wow next time i will lie to them.

jk

I know exactly the skin and hair you are talking about and I can't stand it!  I don't want to talk someone into getting a makeover because that would require too much work and it would ruin my fantasy!  

I have a happy SL and I'm not actively searching but if I do meet someone that looks good, that would be great but if I don't that is fine too :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.