Second Life viewer won't launch?

VivianFerrox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I click on the Second Life icon on my computer, it brings up a small window that says "Loading Second Life." It goes away and is replaced with another window that says "Crash Logger. Sending to server 1." Basically it won't open Second Life. I tried reinstalling it and it still won't open up. I have all the system requirements (Windows 7), so there shouldn't be a problem. Anyone know how I can open SL Viewer? 

By reinstall, did you do an uninstall first?  It sounds like a corrupted file and you may want to try to remove all Second Life applications (Phoenix, Firestorm, whatever) and then re-download a new copy.  Then install the new one you downloaded.

If that does not work, it could be related to the updates being launched today and you may have to wait a bit then try again.

It could be.  If you don't have the RAM but that is doubtful since you are using Win 7 and it requires a lot of RAM.  CPU is really the biggest resources you use and after that, its graphics card resources but since you can't log in, its probably not either of those.  If it's loading a scene and then crashes, then you may have a graphics card issue.  Nvidia's tend to freeze or go black where ATI cards tend to make your PC crash.  Also look at updating your graphics driver just to be safe.

If you where saving your chat logs, this does cause issues but they are normally removed when you remove all of the SL components. The new viewers break the chat logs down to each month so that you don't have that problem with any V3 viewer.

Edit; another tip would be to look at your network connection.  Try to reboot your modem and your router with your PC off them turn your PC back on and try.

Yeah I've just had that problem now,

SL Viewer 3 and Imprudence just won't load up which is weird because they were fine yesterday.... Haven't changed anything since then so I'm not using any more RAM (or I shouldn't be anyway) I'm in fact running less than yesterday.... Strange.

• 11 months later...

Same problem here as well. It used to work, then one day it just stopped. Same error and everything and nothing had changed. I saved it on my firewall, uninstalled and reinstalled, wiped everything out so it was a fresh start, I even tried Phoenix and Firestorm. Nothing. Mine has been down for months. Not even the new viewer works. :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.