New graphics card issues

Dmaze

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought a new computer and it has integrated AMD radeon HD 6530d graphics. I was told that the graphics would be good. But, when I am in second life the images (graphics) keep messing up. Like the graphics become distorted sometimes. Is AMD radeon HD 6530d graphics supported? Or, is there any way to fix this problem?

Just because it's integrated doesn't mean it can be considered to be a low-end graphics/video card.  The quality and realiability of the graphics won't be the best that you can get, however it will still do well.  A lot of laptops can run MMO games very well.  Biggest difference between laptops/netbooks and desktops laptops and netbooks have everything except the RAM and hard drive integrated/merged together and you can't upgrade anything.  Best thing to do is alter your settings and update your drivers :)

• 5 months later...

for a year and 7 months I have used a PC with an ATI Radion HD 4200 integrated graphics.I use weapons on zombie SIMs and I have pretty good results.Let's put it this way it's been good enough to keep me playing for waaay over a year.Every texture is as clear/sharp as they can be.If they could be even better....then that would be cool.If I had to open up my PC and put $300.00 worth the dual graphics cards in just to get a notch better graphics that would suc.I have been pricing cards and reading reviews for a wile because I would always like to have better.Around 300 bucks seems to be about what I would spend.However a lot of the jibber jabber seems to indicate that if you have an HP PC running windows 7 and you start to put new graphics cards in you're opening a can of worms that are bound to cause problems for the life of your PC.That's if you know how to load driver updates and all that.Most people end up messing up their Windows 7 OS all together and have to go buy a new copy and install it on another PC then load it on to their HardDrive that they hook up as a slave drive to another PC.Does that sound like it's worth it for a notch better graphics?If you enjoy pulling your PC apart and spend the time you would otherwise be spending shooting stuff in SL then by all means knock yourself out.....Most HP PCs are about 500-750 bucks.They have up to 8 gigs of Ram,Quad Core processors,1 terabyte Harddrives and some kind of ATI Radion integrated graphics.Personally I think it would be great if the offered a PC with better graphics included right out of the box.The fact that they don't tells me that maybe they know better?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.