Direct Delivery Launching March 21, 2012

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep same problem here,  in my Merchant Outbox window it says 'If you'd like to become a  merchant, you'll need to create a Marketplace store'  and will not let me drag anything to it.

I bought a bear which made my Received Items folder show up, but that's it so far. Can't do anything else.

I have the same problem too, I just can't wait to try the new direct dilivery system, such a great update!!

very glad to see SL becomes a more user-friendly and powerful product, all those enhancements and improvements in 2011 and 2012 are really awesome! thank you Linden Lab!

Hello,

I already afraid of the big progress on the marketplace, has just opened I receive an error message already.

Marketplace initialization failed

Initialization whith the Marketplace failed because of a system or network error . Try again later.

markeplace-ini-fail.jpg

It looks pretty straightforward so far. I successfully created a test listing.

One thing that is not particularly apparent is how to go about updating items already listed. It used to be that I could just replace that item in the magic box. Saving updated product to the original folder I sent to the outbox, and re-uploading that folder just creates a new, unassociated item on the Marketplace side. It would be very disappointing if I had to delete current listings and create brand new ones each time I needed to roll an update. What am I missing? 

Zaphod Kotobide wrote:

It looks pretty straightforward so far. I successfully created a test listing.

One thing that is not particularly apparent is how to go about updating items already listed. It used to be that I could just replace that item in the magic box. Saving updated product to the original folder I sent to the outbox, and re-uploading that folder just creates a new, unassociated item on the Marketplace side. It would be very disappointing if I had to delete current listings and create brand new ones each time I needed to roll an update. What am I missing? 

"Edit associated object" button from the Product's Listing (in Edit mode) perhaps? (Just guessing, but it makes sense.)

I am really hoping someone at LL is reading these posts.

OK. Your schedule lists as follows:

• April 18, 2012: All listings priced L$10 and lower must use Direct Delivery
  • May 16, 2012: Magic Boxes no longer allowed for any Marketplace listing
  1. Did ANYONE IN LL take into account that Passover an 8 day holiday is at the beginning of April and that many people are away for 8-14 days?
  2. Did anyone in LL take into account that if you have 4500+ items in the MP no matter how fast this is, and even it works without flaws, that it still is a time-consumming process, and some of us do have other things to do in life besides MP and SL?
  3. Did anyone in LL take into account that this amount of leeway for something first implemented on March 21st is absolutely ludicrous?

Tell me please. Is there any sort of calendar hanging on a wall in the LL office? Or do you throw darts to pick dates and times and schedules?

For goodness sakes...GET REAL!

So, from what I can tell, support for ANS is up in the air.  We keep our own database of purchases, and have for eight years.  Relying on the marketplace's purchase history is not a way we can go.

This is a very serious issue. With 3 weeks to convert, and ANS not being released for another (undetermined) few weeks, this is seriously going to put a crunch on us with ~300 listings.

I have it on good authority they will be releasing ANS shortly .. and definitely before they start cutting off Magic Boxes or anything like that. There are a lot of us that NEED the ANS feature before we convert, so it'll be there.

It will require some rewrite on the code that accepts and posts the ANS transactions to your local database, so I would recommend copying your existing script and editing the copy .. keeping both the Magic Box and the DD versions onilne and functional. The URL will be entered in a different location too, so they won't collide; you will be able to have both versions live at the same time.

BTW: The rewrite is minimal, basically centering around verifying transactions. If you know (or someone that works with you knows) PHP or whatever language your current ANS handling code is written in, it should take you less than 30 minutes to make the changes.

Ok, very interesting... So ANS is going to be transactional, you're saying? Or that it will exist in different states (delivery started, delivery confirmed)? 

In any case I'm glad I'm not one of the only ones who's waiting. And, really, thanks for the heads up; the more information on this, the better.

It will be transactional, just like for Magic Boxes. The ANS Transaction will be sent after the product is delivered and payment has been made to the Merchant. So from an accounting perspective, it's a known good and delivered and paid sales transaction.

I got also this error message! Is there a solution for this error?

Marketplace initialization failed

Initialization with the Marketplace failed because of a system or network error.
Try again later.

Is the API using specific protocols or ports?
Where can I fill a bug?

Firestorm 4.0.1 (27000)
Linux 3.0.0-16-generic x86_64

Random Sixpence wrote:

I am really hoping someone at LL is reading these posts.

OK. Your schedule lists as follows:
  • April 18, 2012:
     All listings priced L$10 and lower must use Direct Delivery
  • May 16, 2012:
     Magic Boxes no longer allowed for any Marketplace listing
  1. Did ANYONE IN LL take into account that Passover an 8 day holiday is at the beginning of April and that many people are away for 8-14 days?
  2. Did anyone in LL take into account that if you have 4500+ items in the MP no matter how fast this is, and even it works without flaws, that it still is a time-consumming process, and some of us do have other things to do in life besides MP and SL?
  3. Did anyone in LL take into account that this amount of leeway for something first implemented on March 21st is absolutely ludicrous?

Tell me please. Is there any sort of calendar hanging on a wall in the LL office? Or do you throw darts to pick dates and times and schedules?

For goodness sakes...GET REAL!

It's better than this.  If you require ANS, subtract a week at the beginning, if you sell L$10 and less items, then the date is in 3 weeks time so that's 2 weeks time frame.

Now consider that yes, it's Easter coming up... Easter holidays anyone?

Poof goes the store.  (ok a little dramatic but quite possible)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.