Importing Meshes to SL (Blender)

Amphei Jierdon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Meanwhile I managed to import some meshes to testgrid, but after doing some experiments, I think, the main problem seems, that the import function still seems to be rather buggy. Blender-export seems to work well (thanks to Gaia and to Domino). I tried to use Firestorm and LL-Viewer, but both dont give me the feeling, that they do, what they should do. 

What I'ld like to know is, are there any rumors, if "they" are still working on it and there would be bugfixes in the near future, or if we do have to live with the bugs for a while? 

I don't upload rigged meshes atm, but a "shoe" wich consists of ~5 objects. 

Mikke makes a good point.

As to what is going on in mesh development... the main mesh project is complete, as may be marked by the departure of Charlar Linden. 

Mesh is in maintenance. Bugs are fixed and performance improved. The Content and Mesh UG is somewhat off line with the depature of Charlar. Nyx Linden has facilitated the last two meetings. But, the group is not listed in the User Groups page of the wiki. 

All these events and information are made known by the Lindens, the problem is knowing where and who to listen to. Also, having the time to pay attention.

I blog about those events and other goings on in SL. You can see the mesh related news by clicking The Stuff->Mesh Related in my blog's menu, which will take you here.

here is the error log:

2012-03-14T04:13:22Z INFO: LLSDXMLParser::Impl::parse: LLSDXMLParser::Impl::parse: XML_STATUS_ERROR parsing:
2012-03-14T04:13:22Z WARNING: LLWholeModelFeeResponder::completed: fee request failed
2012-03-14T04:13:22Z WARNING: log_upload_error: stage: fee http status: 408
2012-03-14T04:13:22Z WARNING: log_upload_error: bad mesh, no error information available
2012-03-14T04:13:22Z WARNING: LLFloaterModelPreview::setModelPhysicsFeeErrorStatus: LLFloaterModelPreview::setModelPhysicsFeeErrorStatus(408 : Request timeout, aborted.)

Unfortunately, this does nor say very much to me :o

But meanwhile, I tend to believe, that maybe I made something wrong with the mesh. But how will I find out?

I can't interprete that cryptonesish logs neither, it takes an expert.

But what I see is that "error: bad mesh", and that points to - a bad mesh...

i recommend to take a closer look at your meshes, any free floating vertices or edges?

--------

edited, those typos...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.