Thank you Oz & Brooke Linden

Snickers Snook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd just lke to add my appreciation to that already expressed elsewhere (sorry Oz).  

It is always good to know that Lindens listen AND act when required.

SVC-7748 was a bit of a shout, but you heard us.

And thanks Oskar for cross-posting the thread to where I saw it!:smileyhappy:

Nods @Misti

RLV affects way more then just the 'kinky' community....

RLV allows for example to redress avatar like in RL - you see what you'll wear, watch the video to this warderobe please: RLV Wardrobe.

Or forcing teleport without needs to open map or chat history (although i'm awaiting the technology of Linden Realms, where it might be also possible without RLV)

There are applications for RLV far aside of BDSM, even in PG sector, and i'm glad this inventory issue affecting #RLV folder was really a bug and not a feature. Thanks for correcting that.

I too would like to add my thanks for responding and taking definitive action. i have to admit also that Oz's witty comeback in the JIRA was priceless; an excellent way to break the ice and exude a calming effect.

But now I have to ask one more thing .. a favor of sorts, but it should be something rather common in most companies, so I hope it's fairly easy for you (LL) to accomplish.

In the forum thread posted in the Merchant's Forum, I ask CommerceTeam Linden to provide more detail as to exactly how they intend to "fix" the Received Items folder specification. The favor is ... could you please lean into Brooke's office and just remind her that continuing with the communication is the best direction to be taken now, especially in light of how sensitive this issue is for such a large contingent of the SL Community.

Many thanks in advance. And again, well done on the communication taken place so far. Just please keep this ball rolling; it's very reassuring and beneficial.

Jack Abraham wrote:

Thank you to everyone involved, Oz, Brooke, and those behind the scenes, and to Marine for identifying the bug early. This is starting to become a trend, and it's a good one.

Jack, I hate to be a party poop here but:-

a) It was Kitty Barnett that first tested it on Aditi when she and I were there and it was Kitty that filed the JIRA.

b) It was reported in the thread where LL asked for feedback by me BEFORE this was even deployed to Release Candidate, it should never have got to RC!

So while it's good that this was not promoted to main channel and actually rolled back, the question remains as to why the feedback forum where answers were solicited, wasn't paid attention to.

In future, it would appear better to avoid the requested feedback method and just stick to JIRA's.

Anyway, thanks for not proceeding with this.

And thank you to LL in general for supporting a function, RLV, that was never part of the LL Viewers, as was pointed out several times in JIRA-7748.  I can't remember when I started using RLV or when I started using a TPV, so I did not know that RLV was never part of the LL Viewers.  I can't remember much else either...laughs!  Anyway, thanks for giving this your prompt attention!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.