For those with Mesh Avatars -

Bactine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let me try to word this correctly without getting in trouble for advertising again -_-

I've got a Mesh Avatar (let's try to keep this as generic as possible... >.<) and I'm finding that clothing with "Standard Sizing Charts" for their mesh clothes do not fit the chest area. I've got to only get nonrigged tops that I can size. This also prevents me from wearing most dresses, outfits, etc unless I can manage to find a full body suit.

Does anyone know of any stores that cater to the specific sizing of this Mesh Avatar? (Has 2.0 in the name). I've been shopping desperately for new clothes to fit, but everyone is using these "Standard Sizing Charts" making my boobs pop out of the front.

If I look at the avatar's shape unclothed, it looks very nice, so I do not see why these "Standard Sizing Chart" clothings do not fit :\ It's as if the model they're using to form the cloths has really high and perky boobies which are unrealistic.

I really need help, I've only found like 5 items of clothing that fit this avatar and I'm going from being able to change clothes every day on SL to wearing the same outfit for days at a time. I need to know which stores will fit my avatar.

I really hope I've worded this carefully enough not to get in trouble again >.< If I do get in trouble, I have no clue how on earth I'm supposed to word this. Please forgive me in advance. And if I get banned for wording this wrong... agan.... I'll see you guys when I get unbanned... ._.

Maybe a better place to ask is on a third party forum site. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Discussion_forums#Third-party_forums

You can speak more free there, name the avatar you bought and I know several mesh creators post on the SLUniverse.  

I have 3 full body mesh avatars and a mesh head with matching skin. I have the same fitting problems as you do, not for the mesh head of course since it uses the default avatar body.  All my mesh avatars has different creators and different bodytypes.

The standard sizings was put together quick and based on avatar shapes that people already made with the default old avatar mesh. Many people refuse to change their avatar body, so this was an attempt to fit something for them, while waiting for a mesh deformer. Several long time users hate the idea of looking like everybody else, like we would do if we all bought a mesh avatar in some default premade shapes.

The petites is a new and popular mesh avatar, and part of the popularity is that the designers who started it gave out the  templates and the deformer to other creators, so many could make outfits, acessories and gadgets for it. I think much of the problem is that those who make human sized avatars will not share their stuff with others, so it's not going to be very popular if you can only buy the 5-6 outfits this creator made for his/her mesh avatar. 

the fact is you need to buy the clothing for the mesh AV from the maker of the AV,if they do not sell the clothing then you arenot going to find much support.when shopping for these things you have to check things like..

A,Do they also sell clothing for the mesh shape.

B,if they sell on market place make sure to check review as that is the first place people will run to and complain.

I have yet to see a mesh AV tha has many clothing options out there and think it is still to new of a option for people to invest to much into.

Also play with alpha layers,you might be able to solve the issue by adding alpha to the boobs.

Alpha will not work on mesh, sadly.

I think mesh avatars that's working like a puzzle would be the most flexible. Let us say you buy a mesh avatar with a base skin, and the mesh avatar is one whole body for when you want to be naked or on the beach. But it's also a puzzle avatar so you can wear different parts of it, like legs and arms and use the torso on the default avatar so you can wear system clothes and your old clothes. If you will wear a jacket with long sleeves, take off upper arms if the sleeves don't fit...

I have 3 pairs of hands that I use sometimes. 2 pairs of prim hands and one pair of mesh hands. It's annoying to make them fit and it's almost always a small seam that I have to wear a bangle or watch over. I have often wished that I could buy a set of hands+arms in 3 lenghts, wrist, elbow and shoulder, so I could have elegant elbows with short sleeves. It would be easier to cover the seam too. Same with feet, the avatar knees is ugly!

The "Standard" clothing, if you mean the kind for non-mesh avatars, doesn't work on Mesh avatars at all, since they replace the avatar body and hide the part that has all the clothing layers. The only standard clotrhes that might be adapted to fit a mesh avatar are prim and sculpty attachments that require no clothing layer parts to work, and that can be resized as needed to fit the mesh avatar.

If you mean other mesh clothes designed for the "Standard Sizing Initiative", that onlt will work if the mesh avatar designed locks their creation in to one of the five proposed shapes that were developed for that initiative. If they do, then maybe you can mix and match clothes made by other designers that also signed on for that sizing scheme. If they don't, then odds are you're stuck with only what your avatar creator offers.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

The "Standard" clothing, if you mean the kind for non-mesh avatars, doesn't work on Mesh avatars at all, since they replace the avatar body and hide the part that has all the clothing layers. The only standard clotrhes that might be adapted to fit a mesh avatar are prim and sculpty attachments that require no clothing layer parts to work, and that can be resized as needed to fit the mesh avatar.

Well, that's lame... thought a big part of going mesh for avatars is that the standard (ie, not prim) clothing would work on something other than a basic human shape.  This seems like a bug.

Yeah :\ I'd really hate to lose all of the mesh clothing I've already purchased because a deformer is only being spoken about as being part of the upload screen. It's all heresay.

What I want to know is why on earth do designers use standard sizing charts if the person is going to wear an alpha layer where it matters? Like a V-Neck shirt.... Using the standard sizing charts BUT from chin to waist is all alpha layers hiding the body. What gives? I can gaurantee you that if it uses the "Standard Sizing Chart" chances are my nipples poke through, even on clothes where the person would be wearing an alpha covering most of that body part. If someone HAS to use an alpha for a piece of clothing that's using a SIZING CHART why on earth even call it a sizing chart? I understand when clothes are made smaller such as waist sinchers, but if a piece of clothing is meant to FIT A NORMAL AVATAR why - oh why - is an alpha still required? If it's rigged CORRECTLY it should fit perfectly. I've even worn some of these "Standard Sizing Chart" clothing on my normal avatar, and let me tell you: The Alpha Layer IS Required. That is rediculous. No wonder I can't find anything that fit's my mesh avatar. I've even spent the time to make sure that my avatar's shape conforms to the "S" size of these "Sizing Charts" at the chest, waist, and pelvis... yet, I still have to wear the alpha.

Now then, on to the person telling me to go to the creator directly for cloths. The mesh avatar I purchased is to fit all mesh clothing, SHOULD IT BE CONFORMED TO THE DEFAULT SHAPE. Now you've got creators using sizing charts of women with wide hips, or a big butt, or big breasts, or any random thing they can think of. Clothes that were made on the default model you first get before getting fancy with shapes are what fit, but there are hardly any one making clothes to that shape, because they feel it's boring or it's not what they want. This is the problem I'm having. I find an outfit I like, there is no demo, but I feel that it might be a worthy purchase only to find out that the mesh model used had a XXL butt or XXL breasts, or other variations. It's not the mesh avatar creator's fault that people are importing their own avatar to be the mesh model. Yet, now I've got a problem. I've already asked the creator for clothing, but they are only one person. You cant demand a busy person stop what they're doing when they've got more customers to think about as a whole. That logic of business folks dropping what they're doing to assist only one person died a long time ago. You've got to be realistic these days. I've been asking all of my favorite stores if maybe they could just increase the bust a tad on their next release, but the requests fall on deaf ears. I don't know what to do at this point. I truely love what I've purchased for my avatar, but it's got it's limitations and I'm trying to work with them. The avatar is in beta, but it's definetly not helping that all of my favorite stores are converting to a sizing chart system. I'm at my wits end on what to do.

The mesh deformer is already been tested in some third party viewers. I have tried it, and it works!

BUT it has a problem, if you wear a mesh avatar with a mesh shirt over and use the deformer, guess what? All meshes you wear stretch, the mesh body too. If this should work, you would need to go into appearance and select what to adjust, and this is not done yet. I am not sure if it's possible either.

I also tried to wear only the outfit and use the mesh deformer, then take it off. But the resizing is not "remembered" as when you resize prim clothes. 

Mesh avatar - a replacement for the underlying SL body. It will because of that only take things made for it. ALmost everything in SL is made for the normal SL body - as that's been the only body available until just a few months ago.

Mesh clothing - is usually mesh clothes meant to be worn over the base default body.

Standard Sizes Unofficial System - a resident system by about 3 different labels to try and make a standardization for people to build mesh clothes to. It is useful, along with alphas, because the closer you can get the mesh clothes to match the shape of the original avatar wearing them, the more people will feel like "themselves" when wearing mesh clothes.

Standard Clothes - likely usually refers to texture based clothes - these are basically just 'body paint' (and in the world of Renderosity / 3D art, that's what people call what we have been calling 'SL clothing' for years) - all they do is color your skin in new colors, painting clothing onto your naked skin. In a year or two, when you look at people still wearing this, they're going to seem 'nude' to you... the same way as those photos on 'public nudity' website of women in body paint walking around random European streets while half the folks gawk and the other half pretend they don't notice... ;)

Alphas and the standard sizes unoffical system will likely be handy somewhat even after the deformer comes online. The deformer will alter it from where it is to your look, only for people who also have the deformer. The -MORE- it has to adjust, the greater it will error and greated 'jagged bumps' and triangles. Anyone who's worked with Poser's Wardrobe Wizard knows this - if you warp clothes meant for a housecat to fit onto a giant troll, chances are the deformer is going to have issues... :)

- These kinds of technologies work by guessing that 'this polygon is over that polygon by this distance. Lets close the distance, and hope that these two polygons are still meant to be right over each other. But sometimes, they're not ideal still being right over each other...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.