Selling Mainland

DebDebz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Did you buy it at auction?

Auction land is usually abandoned land.

You can post land for sale in classified in search if you bought it from Linden Labs, you will still be the manager of that land and responsible for the tiers as a land holder, regardless if the buyer pays or not. Or sell it to a land holding company.

If it is from your premium account you just abandon that land.

Not entirely sure. As Champale says, you can not auction the land yourself, only put it up for sale like you have done.

I don't think there is a way to keep trask of it unless you count being notified when someone buys it and money is transferred to your account. If you are not notified of this, it means nobody has bought the land. If it does not sell, lower the price.

Or, as suggested, abandon it.

- Luc -

DebDebz wrote:

...I hit the put up for sale button
and when Is on sale

I agree with the responses of others.

But I don't understand "and when is on sale": There is no button or anything for set when you sell your land.

In any case, you have all the info about how sell land in the Knowledge Base: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-and-renting-land-to-others/ta-p/700135#Section_.1

It sounds like you're doing the right things.  You hit the "sell" button and determine the price you want to ask for.  The land is then "For Sale" and will show as yellow on the Map.  You could also put a classified ad in the For Sale listings.

You don't "auction" the land.  If someone finds it and wants to pay your price, they do so, and that's it.

There is, at present, an oversupply of land and selling prices are very low...often less than $L1 per square meter.  If you can't sell your land, you may wish to simply Abandon it, to avoid continuing tier charges.

I'm afraid Champale's post contains some misleading information.  I think what Champale was trying to say is:

1.  If you own a private estate region, you can "sell" parcels on it to other residents, but you remain the overall owner and pay tier on it to LL.  You collect rent on the parcels you've "sold" to other residents to help pay that tier cost.  (You can also sell the entire region to another resident, by submitting mutual support tickets for a region transfer to LL, but that is another story.)

2.  You can sell your Mainland parcel to other residents.  Just set it for sale using the About Land window.  Land is selling very slowly these days, so if you decide that waiting for a buyer is not worth continuing to pay tier on the parcel, you can Abandon it back to Linden Lab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.