Second Life: Attempt to rez an object failed.

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That is what I get no matter where I try to rez something.... I can rez, but after I drag it to the ground, I wait for like 15 sec, then I get the message. And maybe every 4,5 tries it gets rezzed!

:(

Here's my info.. any help would be great!

Firestorm 3.3.0 (24882) Feb 20 2012 16:38:00 (Firestorm-Release)
Release Notes

You are at 263,698.0, 283,403.0, 30.4 in Beguile located at sim21003.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.30.37:13002)
Second Life Server 12.02.24.249991
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 450 Processor (3200.07 MHz)
Memory: 4095 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1114
OpenGL Version: 4.2.11399 Compatibility Profile Context
RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Phoenix
Viewer Skin: firestorm (grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance : 544
Bandwidth : 8500
LOD factor : 4
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 1,404/586,022 (0.2%)

Open GL is disabled. 

This used to happen to me from time to time as well, but it increased al ot during the last week or so, sometimes I don't even get the message, it just doesn't rezz leaving me with a kind of strange feeling since I don't know if I just have lost another few nano prims somewhere in my shop or on my sim.

I was better yesterday, but still had a few attempts where stuff didn't rezz ...

I do see similar things happen when I'm in a particularly busy region, and I can't rule out that possibility from your post. Sunday evening was rather rough in some places, not in others.

There are so many things that can mess us all up, and it's sometimes hard to tell who to blame. I know that there are certain timing patterns which reflect loads on the internet local to me (which can affect everything I do, not just SL), and sometimes different things coincide in some hellish synergy of lag.

I do reckon it would be worth cutting your draw distance. That will reduce lag, whatever you're doing. 

What is wrong with the Nerani sim ? Sometimes you can rez things and sometimes not. I put up a sim FPS monitoring tool and the FPS and time dilation seemed ok except for occasional drops down around 29 on the FPS but whats the problem with rezzing - is this related to a recent server software upgrade??????????????????

We cant rez our stuff half the time and yes we have the correct land group on. This has been affecting my partner as well.

Lynna its not Nerani sim, happens all around SL... I talked with an owner of one sandbox, he called one of Lindens to come and see whats wrong, he thought that its just his sim. Cause there you get failed rezed messages most of the time! Linden said that its all fine with his sim and that he needs to check maybe its client-side problem - his lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

"..since I don't know if I just have lost another few nano prims somewhere in my shop or on my sim."

I hate that feeling. I get it a lot when I'm working with small objects in a really big area. SL doesn't always rez objects where I point - I had a square of grass floating in the sky at the edge of my parcel that I was hunting for days for.

I just got the "Attempt to rez an object failed" message today. I tried to attach a flight boost HUD that I wear all the time but nothing happened for the longest time. I could see by my activity monitor in the corner that SL was sporadically sending and receiving info but when it finally did something, it was only to show that error.

I cleared my cache and logged off, waited a minute, then logged back on. The HUD went on without a problem. So try that if you haven't already?

• 2 months later...

I get the same message sometimes even in low lag places..I think its the viewer is not communicating with LL well and loosing Information.. if your object is copy.. just make a copy  of it and wear or use the copy... I had to do it with my Neurolabs arm Typer .. now it works like a charm  :D.. hope that helps you :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.