How to meet girls?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I know this might sound strange, but I'm looking for friends in SL, but I'm not looking for sexual relationships.  I've been trying to find places to meet girls, but everything I find is for lesbians and bisexuals.  Does anyone know of some places I can find some girlfriends who aren't just looking for a sexual relationship?  So far, almost everyone I've met is interested only in 1) sex, or 2) biting me (vampires).  Surely there are some girls out there just looking for friendships. :)

Giselle

Hi Giselle,

Finding friends in sl is similar to rl.  First figure out what your interests are and what you like to do... dance? shop? create? Then find groups that are focused on those kind of activities.  Join these groups and you will soon have a group of friends that you have a lot in common with.

Visit places that are of interest to you.  Speak to folks in open chat.  Be friendly.  Get involved with some groups you think you might like. Attend classes or events.

The first place someone looks for information about a person is their profile.  You also might want to put in your profile that you are looking to make friends with the limitations you listed here.  Not interested in sexual contact ...friendships only.  Not  interested in vampire bites and/or whatever else you may or may not be seeking. Be specific.

Good Luck, and enjoy SL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Giselle!

Gosh, I know the feeling...I have so many friends that are guys, but it is really hard to find good girlfriends!  I would love to be your friend!  Look me up next time you are online...It would be great to have someone to hang out with, go shopping and just be good friends!

Hope to meet you soon...

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, ha!  Too right, Ceka!  I'm finding more and more friends through shopping and fashion!  I love it!  We share similar interests and I make a good friend as well!  :)

P.S.  I just watched Where Them Girls At.  Loved it!!!  All too fitting for this post.  Thx!!!  :)

Ceka Cianci wrote:

shopping and fashion are the answer to everything \o/

I would love to meet you inworld!  You're absolutely right!  I've found some very genuine friends as a result of this forum.  SL is becoming more and more fun!  I shall come find you in SL! :)

Sonja Smedley wrote:

Huhuuu....I found my best friend Mia here at the forum,

She had a thread where she searched for friends and so we met....I´m sure you will also find many female friends here.

Would be nice to meet you inworld also...If you like you can add me.

• 1 month later...

LOL!!! Well there are sex clubs you can get into. Some are difficult due to needed testing before-hand, however, when you come out clean, you can go to these clubs and have fun. I am more interested frankly in how you behave and what your expectations are. Giving someone you have feelings for or love permission to sleep around because its 'just sex', I think that speaks to the fact of how insecure you are and what you have to offer. I think you're realizing that its really never, 'just sex.' There is no such thing as No Strings Attached sex; someone is getting something, losing something, interested in something, burying feelings, etc.

- Rick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.