My shoes dont fit anymore

Vesper Kling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I do not know if it is a 'well-known issue'.  I have not heard of it.  However, if your shoes are not mod or do not have a script that allows you to increase the size, the only other way you can make them fit is to shrink the size of your feet.

Normally footwear does not change size on its own so perhaps you adjusted your shape or started using another shape where the foot is a bit larger.  There is no reason to toss them away.

zacly!

Neither your objects nor your avie's shape change on their own.

Obviously you played on your shape in Appearance editor. Or did you try a demo shape from a shape shop? Demos often have superr huuuge hands and feet and are - as you observed correctly - no mod. That's no issue but intention by the shape makers so you won't actually use their free demos in world.

Female shoes are usually made to fit slider size 0 feet, everything bigger will make your feet stick out.

If you're talking about part of your foot showing outside your shoe now this is a side effect of recent graphics changes that effect older shoes. The new viewers no longer hide things behind "invisiprims" when lighting and shadows are turned on. When they're turned off they still should look fine. You can try to find an "alpha" layer you can wear to do the same thing the old invisiprims did, and then you can still wear the shoes. Boots are easy, pumps aren't bad. Sandals with open heels and no prim foot can be tricky though.

AH thanks!!! Yesh parts of my heel showing especially (see pic). Shoes without heel is fine.  I always have lightning, dept of field and shadows enabled Im afraid :o) So that´s the reason. I suspected something techie as some friends of mine has same issues and has no clues why.

Hrrmmm Ill look for an alpha layer then? But how does that look for other viewers?

( I have size 0 on my feet and same shape as I havent used this avie for a long time.)

1shoes_001.jpg

....and you can't even use pretty mesh barefeet as long they stick to they old vewers that do not show meshes.

It's a sad thing, i have lovelly friends that cannot buy a newer PC that supports the new viewers, as long that it's just invisiprims, alpha socks and meshes they stil can use SL, but one day or another other things will be updated and they will be lost :smileysad:

Dora Gustafson wrote:

Alpha layers
are not supported on older viewers and
Invisi prims
are not supported with
Lighting and Shadows

So you better use both:)

My experience when the alpha layer was first added was that, while people using V1 viewers could not wear them, the V1 viewers rendered them correctly when others wore them.  I remember specifically that I made an invisible avatar, and it was invisible to everyone.

OH hmm... sounds good! Ill try to find some tutorials for making them then, thanks =))

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

I have started making my own alpha masks, which fit me exactly, which the ones that come with shoes sometimes don't.  Also, once you have made one, it is pretty easy to tweak it.

Vesper Kling wrote:

oh god! I threw away all inviciprims already
:o
Ppl need to stop use all those sh-ty old viewers!!! Otherwise i have to go barefoot :matte-motes-sour:

The number of people still on the old V1 who can't see alpha layers is very tiny now.  Even viewers that are more recent but retain the V1 user interface, like Phoenix, can see them now.  So  I wouldn't worry about it.  I too tossed my invisiprims out a while ago and have never regretted it. 

What I did was: I looked all through my inventory for invisiprims that were kind of big. Then I stretched them until they covered up the feet sticking out.

I wondered why the feet suddenly stuck out!

Doggone it some of us will let go of viewer 1 when they pry it out of our avatar's cold unbending hands.

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

Dora Gustafson wrote:

Alpha layers
are not supported on older viewers and
Invisi prims
are not supported with
Lighting and Shadows

So you better use both:)

My experience when the alpha layer was first added was that, while people using V1 viewers could not wear them, the V1 viewers rendered them correctly when others wore them.  I remember specifically that I made an invisible avatar, and it was invisible to everyone.

Yes that's right. We can't see mesh stuff correctly but alpha works.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On August 2, 2017 at 7:36 PM, Darla Fanbridge said:

I don't even bother wearing shoes in SL.  I prefer being barefoot all the time.

Ironically, in real life, I rarely go barefoot.

I am just the opposite.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.