Parts of me are invisible.

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I found this thread while researching my own problen and will leave my solution here for anyone who it may help.

I purchased a new computer and was using a large screen TV for a monitor. As such, I would frequently change my computer's screen resolution settings. To complicate matters I would sometimes log in on my laptop which had different screen resolutions settings as well. After doing a lot of experimenting, I am convinced that my issue was caused by logging into the same avatar with a different screen resolution that the skin was cached at previously.

My issue caused transparent or invisible sections at the hips, throat, and forehead.

I was able to reproduce the issue by logging in under various resolutions. My fix (for a Windows 7 machine):

1. Remove all clothing layers and attachments from your avatar. Put on a self-made skin that has any solid color texture. To be honest any throw-away skin will work, I just found the solid color easy to work with.

2. Log out. Clear chache. If you run multiple viewrs, clear them all.

3. Delete App Data Cache. Your installation may vary, but you can find where your cache is located in preferences.

4. Make sure your computer screen resolution settings are correct.

5. Before logging in, disable VBO in Graphics Hardware (as listed previously in this thread)

6. Log in and change to your normal avatar skin.

I was able to verify this process worked to solve my problem after the issue was recreated twice more.

Note that if you frequently log in from a second computer that has a different resolution this can be an ongoing issue. It could be especially annoying for people who have model avatars that are shared by multiple creators.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.