Sign in to follow this  
Rocker1969

Another couple of collar questions

looked for a answer, even asked a cpl collar wearers, no luck. I have the Owner's HUD, know how it works and how to use it, when wife is wearing her collar and it's on. But, when I'm in a location, and click the search for collar wearers, and it finds one, it asks me to select which collar wearer to cage, and if i choose a name, it asks what type of collar. Is this a normal function? Is that all that's supposed to come up? And do these wearers expect to be caged? One woman I asked wasn't aware that I could do that.

Thank you.

would depend on what hud among other things, there are several brands.

The list will be of every single collar that is set to open access or has you listed as owner.
Quite a few people have open access set without realising it, which you may have encountered. Of course for roleplaying, people may also feign surprise :)

What sort of  hud is it?

Certainly, people who wear most types of collar do not,  under normal circumstances, expect to find themselves caged by complete strangers, and they -- not to mention their Masters or Mistresses -- are likely to be rather annoyed if it does happen.    This is the sort of thing that gets people banned from lots of BDSM places, so please be careful.

To be sure, Owner's Huds allow the owner to control collars he or she could also control by chat commands and the like, but they don't -- or shouldn't -- let you control people you couldn't otherwise control.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why the hud asked you about "What Type of Collar".    A Tokon Hud is only going to be able to communicate with Tokon collars, for example, and an OpenCollar Hud can only communicate with OpenCollar collars.    And if an OC hud needed to know what sort of OpenCollar someone was wearing -- which I don't think they do, by the way -- it would make far more sense for it to ask the collar direct at the same time it's asking the collar if you're allowed to access it.

IMO someone with a collar set to open access is asking to be captured, but the captor should still respect their limits (including time constraints.

OpenCollar at least will be delivered with open access disallowed, so enabling it is a conscious act (though some may not know what it can cause) by either the collar wearer or their owner.
That said, it's always polite to ask whether the captured person wants to continue the play, rather than forcing yourself upon them, after capture.