Why do my eyes sometimes show through the skin of my upper cheeks?

Blaze Thursday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sometimes when I log in and/or change forms the white of the eyes I'm wearing seem to bulge through the upper cheeks. This only happens sometimes though and seems random.

I try changing skin, eyes, dropping the Ruth folder then rewearing everything again, relogging, clearing cashe etc but seems to just eventually go away...very anoying though for taking photos and such!

Any ideas on quick fixes?

5 answers to this question

Try going into the appearance editor and slightly tweaking the eye size or eye bulge settings, it may be that whatever shape you are wearing is not matching the skin or eyes you are wearing.  Save your existing shape before you start tweaking on things so you can always go back to it.

• Like 1

Nope, certainly not the case. It's been happening to me for a few days at random now. If I relog and clear things out it goes away for a bit. I've tried sizes, however my skin, and shape I've had a while, so there is no reason for this sudden change. I tried checking everything I had on and taking it all off, re adding etc.

I had a problem recently  with one eye that seemed to have some grey fluid next to the iris that wiggled and jiggled. When you looked at the eye up close it seemed to be leaking grey fluid that was in constant movement. A nice effect for halloween, maybe, but not so good if you're going to dance. :-)

Fix:

I use system skins and shapes and we can wear some mesh things but not others.  This problem probably can't happen to mesh bodies. I had been trying on mesh eyes (which system AVs can wear) and saving my outfits if I liked the look. Then I switched to system eyes. I removed the right mesh eye and the background/alpha but I forgot to remove the left mesh eye. When I put on the system eyes, the left eye was overlaid across the left mesh eye, and with graphic overlays you often get wiggly movements like the ones I saw.  Removing the attached mesh eye fixed the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.