Tell Me How Mesh is Impacting Your Choices Fashion Wise? Love it or Hate?

Gidge Uriza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a mesh and it seems to be slicing my thigh :matte-motes-crying: 

And they are not cheap... Checked with designer and only option is edit body parts which i totally dislike or i will end up like alien again. 

Sigh ~~

Love it for some corsets and boots. Other  clothes can't really wear... doesn't fit. And in all it looks a bit too bulky. I guess I prefer more tight fitting clothes. :matte-motes-grin: I do wish more designers would combine texture layer and mesh parts. Like on the skirts with only mesh flap.

Mesh is great. I'm always eargerly waiting what new mesh items will pop into SL. I could lick my super cute rigged mesh feet . . .   if my avie was that flexible. :smileytongue:

My friend recently bought men's rigged mesh suit. Yay! Super great looking! Finally men can have a suit which actually looks like a real suit. The old painted on body ones with sculpted down part look like crap now compared to the mesh suit.

/me loves mesh :heart:

• 6 months later...

You took the words right out of my mouth Faye..with your list..except, i will not be buying any Mesh.

I dont like it..the hair has none or barely any flex...I would have to change my shape..(which took  a while to get to the point i was satisfied)..and the biggest reason is my my boyfriend cannot see the items i am wearing...(he does not have as SL viewer)..so i refuse to spend even 1 linden on clothes that canot always be seayen,,,

I've been buying more as time goes by.

Fitting can be a big issue with mesh, too much of it only looks good if you dont move, and relies on alpha layers that make you look hollow when you cam in close, or when the avatar is doing something other than a static stand.  When I wear mesh, I use a modified version on my own shape, tweaked to one of the "standard sizes".  For dresses, I always try the demo, take it home and watch myself dance for a while.  Sometimes, I can salvage a piece, if I create my own alpha layer, but frankly, most of the dresses out there just dont work very well when I move.  But there are a handful of designers who make clothes that actually move so well with my standard shape that I don't need an alpha layer at all.  (I am talking about close fitting dresses that show a bit of cleaveage, not the circus tent dresses that some people offer)

Boots, on the other hand, work extremely well, and are nowhere near as fussy as dresses.  I'll never buy scultped boots again.

Someone mentioned dresses with the prim flap replaced by mesh, and yes, this is a great use for mesh.  But it also reminds me that with prim dresses, some designers can manage to make the prim flap work very well when you move, the textures are so well designed that you hardly noitce there is a flap at all.  But many, many other designers have flaps that only look good in a particular standing pose, like the one used to take the picture on the box, but when you move the flap looks like someone attached a piece of paper with masking tape.  The skill of a designer makes a big difference in this simple area, so I am not really surprised that the skill of the designer has a big impact on how well a mesh object follows your avatar shape when you move.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.