Cant find the "merchant outbox" in my viewer. Downloaded viewer of SL site. help? please?

Mickiana Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to get busy & sell some things in the marketplace. I went thru the forums & did some research & im stuck on this part about the merchant outbox. It's supposed to be in the menu Me>Merchant Outbox i think & its not there.

I downloaded the default viewer & its the one im using. I also downloaded Firestorm but i dont know where to begin in that viewer.

Any help? Tips? Just trying to get my entrepreneur on. Thanks :)

14 answers to this question

There's no such thing as a "merchant outbox", but you may be thinking of a Magic Box.  Until SL finally gets through beta testing with the system that is meant to replace them, Magic Boxes serve as the real virtual stores for each of the merchants in Marketplace.  Your items for sale are all stored in a Magic Box (a scripted prim that links to Marketplace by HTTP), which then receives information about sales and takes car of delivering each ordered item.  You can get Magic Boxes free in Marketplace (search for them).  To install and use one or more, read this >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193#Section_.5.3.1 and, more genarlly, the entire article that it's in.

That feature isn't live yet on the main grid. There is a new "Direct Delivery" system coming, which will use that "Merchant Outbox" to send content to SLM, without a magic box to host it. But it is so far only on the beta test grid.

When it goes live on the main grid, you'll need a viewer update to see it. Older viewers won't have access to that feature.

• Like 1

Actually there IS a "Merchant Outbox".

It was just released today but even tho its supposed to be there, I don't have it on my LL viewer for some reason.  Everyone else has it under the "Me" tab as you stated, but mine for some reason isn't showing up.

UGH.

Anyone else have this issue? 

Im in the same predicament as the Questioner. I have Pheonix firestorm and I cant find the Merchant out box. In reply to some of your answers in relation to selling, it takes me back to the same spot and all it tells me is:

1. Open the MERCHANT OUTBOX window in the Second Life viewer by choosing Me > Merchant Outbox.
  2. Drag items you wish to sell from your inventory into the MERCHANT OUTBOX window.
  3. Organize items into folders in the Merchant outbox if they are meant to be sold together.  You do not need to box items in order to sell more than one item in a single listing on the Marketplace.
  4. Click the Send to Marketplace button to upload all items from your Merchant outbox to the Marketplace website.
  5. Im still stumped to where this tab is!!!

I've just stumbled on this, I've been out of SL for some time. I have still been using the magic box, however I found the merchant outbox in firestorm, it the second option under avatar. I have quite a few items in my magic box.. I hope they give an easy way to switch over when they roll this out permanently..

actually, Rolig Loon, there is a merchant outbox.

Adding a new item to your Marketplace listings

You add items to your Marketplace listings by using a window called the Merchant outbox, which uploads your items to the Marketplace website. After uploading new items, you may then create item listings for them on the Marketplace website.

Uploading items using the Merchant outbox

Open the MERCHANT OUTBOX window in the Second Life viewer by choosing Me > Merchant Outbox.

Drag items you wish to sell from your inventory into the MERCHANT OUTBOX window.

Organize items into folders in the Merchant outbox if they are meant to be sold together. You do not need to box items in order to sell more than one item in a single listing on the Marketplace.

Click the Send to Marketplace button to upload all items from your Merchant outbox to the Marketplace website.

source: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193#Section_.1.2

It's always a bit tricky to go poking around in ancient threads without checking to see when they were written. At the time this post was written, almost a YEAR ago, there was no such thing as a Merchant Outbox. That's why my post refers to "beta testing with the system that is meant to replace [Magic Boxes]". That was introduced in mid-April 2012. Now, in February 2013, the Merchant Outbox exists.

You are adding a question to an ANCIENT thread. When the OP asked, a year ago, the Merchant Outbox had just been introduced. Now, it has been around for a full year. It's exactly where it's supposed to be, in Me >>> Merchant Outbox , in all viewers except Phoenix. The Me menu is called "Avatar" or "Files" in some of the Third Party viewers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.