Second Life Eyes: Do you change with the seasons?

Harlow Heslop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unlike real life, in Second Life we have the ability to change our eye color as often as we like.  Are you someone who likes to change your eye colors often, or as the season changes?  I personally tend to wear lighter colors in the spring and summer and darker in the winter, but it seems this year i've done things a bit backwards .  I wore a really light pair from Mayfly during the winter months, and now that spring has rolled around i've gone a bit darker with my choices.  

eyes.jpg

My current favorite eyes are from Insufferable Dastard.  I absolutely love them.  

What eyes are you wearing this spring season? 

I don't usually change mine, though it might be time soon. I'm currently wearing eyes by Aphotic Gloom. I got into wearing prim eyes a while ago, so I could have two different colored eyes. I think I have one blue and one green right now, which is a recent change from one blue and one brown. I might need to go shopping again for brighter eyes, though; I love the ones I have, but all the colors are somewhat muted.

I usually stay with one brand for months and switch up colors according to the skin tone and/or eye makeup I'm wearing. Right now I am in love with Mayfly's mesh eyes and I have switched up alot with their various shades of hazel.

I do like the idea of changing eye colors for the season, I will give it try for spring. :)

Thanks for the responses! :)

I'm actually surprised, I was talking to some people about this subject and many of them said they keep the same eyes always.  I guess eyes really speak to who your avatar is and their overall look.  I know anytime I change eyes my entire avatar appears different, even it's personality.  The eyes I just switched to give me a kinder, softer look, while the ones I had before that made me come across as much more intense.  

Pretty need that such a minor detail can create so much charisma in an avatar! 

I favor really light grey eyes generally and find eyes I like and usually don't change them much. However, recently I found some eyes from IKON (formerly Fashism) called Eggplant pale that are a light grey-ish with a bit of lavender that I love so I've been sporting those. So no, to answer your question, I don't go with seasons. SInce I do a fashion blog and almost never wear the same outfit twice, I like somethings that I can wear and leave alone for long periods ;)

I don't change my eyes too often or with THAT much variety but I do have a few variations

eyes.jpg

these are my baseline eyes, a pretty realistic looking purple eye

Snapshot_1471.png

these are the ones I use for my vampire avatar, a black scalara with Mars Bracken's Vision HUD controled prim eyes, they give a great black light effect I think

I wanted black eyes, and took a while finding ones I like - they are Fashism (I cant remember if they are IKON, I am at work and can't check).  I don't know if they 'speak' to people, being black, but I think they do give some personality.  Like I said, it was hard finding black ones I liked!

Lynn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.