Viewing Mesh problem

Erikiso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am havng issues seeing mesh in my viewers on my macbook pro 10.6 snow leapord... I have tried Dolphin, Firestorm, and the reg. Second Life viewer. Instead of mesh it is completely invisible. My friend is wearing a mesh shark avatar, but to me she looks completely invisible. Can anyone help me with this issue or give me advice on a viewer to use?

On occasion I have had issues with mesh becoming invisible, but it usually sorts itself out after a relog. I'm using the LL viewer almost exclusively. This, from what I understand, is not (or was not, as I'm not sure if it is supposed to be fixed) tied to using a Mac but affect all platforms.

If it is something that happens every time, perhaps it will help to clear the viewers cache folders? There may also be some setting(s) that you can change to fix this, but I don't know what these will be.

Also it is a good idea to make sure you have repaired disk permissions and run the maintenance scripts (by using a program like Onyx) at regular intervals. Not sure if this will help in this particular case, but it is always advisable.

- Luc -

I bought a rigged mesh wig the other day.  Very nice design.  However, it disappears everytime I teleport anywhere or change clothes.

I am using the most current SL viewer and have cleared the cache many times.  Adjusted graphics settings; mine are usually set to max.  Nothings seem to solve the problem.  My BF in SL is having the vary same issue.

Anyone have an idea what could be happening?

Having read some other posts regarding invisible mesh items, I learned that changing the debug setting MeshMaxConcurrentRequests - setting it to a higher number, like 100 - should make mesh items appear again. (Enable the Advanced menu in me->preferences->Advanced to get to the debug settings menu item)

- Luc -

• Like 2

Luc Starsider wrote:

Having read some other posts regarding invisible mesh items, I learned that changing the debug setting MeshMaxConcurrentRequests - setting it to a higher number, like 100 - should make mesh items appear again. (Enable the Advanced menu in me->preferences->Advanced to get to the debug settings menu item)

- Luc -

Nice find, that is another reason to link lots of meshes together (as in the other current thread) if I understand what the debug setting means.

It's a good tip, isn't it? :)

I don't know who is the source of the tip. It's been mentioned in a bunch of posts lately where I read about it. I have no idea of what the setting actually means, or what kind of impact it will have on viewer perfomrance, but I'll find out soon enough, I guess. Although it seems the defaut value should be way higher than the 32 it is set to now.

- Luc -

Its works.  Thank you very much for the tip. 

They need to reset the base values of the veiwer because so many people i chat with have a current one and still can't see mesh. So its does no good if you have to tell everyone to adjust their Debug settings. LOL

SL = need to get it together for god sake.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.