10000 Lindins Hidden from my account balance !

sonata1986

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi i have strange problem .... 

from 1 hrs  and 30 mintues i log out from sl and i clear cashe and  i sutdown the pc for 1 hrs  nearby  .

then when i log again to sl  i found my balance convert from 10000 lindins to just 30 lindin !

so i check my Transaction History and  here is pic for it !

General pics for   Transaction History today

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

it saysthat  i gived someone  named   1236 Coy in  Region: Vulcano
10000 lindins as gift 

and this never hapent !
i donot know any  person with this name also i didonot convert this 10000 lindins to any one also when i searced fot this name i donot find it in search ! i think it is error from sl !

plz help me

14 answers to this question

That name does not appear in search, so the account holder was probably banned by LL.  You can file a support ticket to explain the situation, but it's fairly likely that your money is gone.  You may have fallen for one of the common scams in SL.  You click on some innocent-looking object -- perhaps to get information or even to just sit down -- and the object displays a little window in your viewer that asks permission to debit your account.  You weren't expecting that message, don't know what it means, and get confused in a weak moment of indecision.  You click it, and the object's owner has instant permission to remove all money from your account. 

The sad lesson is that you should NEVER give anyone permission to do anything unless you understand why and you have good reason to trust the person. 

You joined a group with a group fee of L$10,000 and you didn't notice that before you agreed to join? That is very sad, but I can understand how that could happen. It is impossible for someone to steal your money in SL, but it is very easy for someone to trick you into GIVING them money.

Sea and Rolig both have possibly correct answers.  This could be either someone having access to your account, or a malicious account debiting object.

Phishing scams have been on the rise in SL.  Someone gives you a link, by email, IM, or group chat or local chat.  You click it, and it appears to be an SL website sign in page.  If you enter your user name and password, the scammer now has access to your account and can take your money.

no it was free the group i didnot pay any lindins , also owner of group not shoen in the transition history it is anather avi the man who still the money his name is 1236 Coy but owner of the group not him , any way i will rethink again and tell u , but is there any way to return money back i need pay for my lands and stores !

I think it is very unlikely that you can get your money back. As far as I can see, there is no person named 1236 Coy in SL. As I said earlier, that means that he either canceled his account or was banned by LL. If he has your L$, there is no way to get it back and Linden Lab isn't going to just give you L$10,000. After all, if this happened in RL, you wouldn't expect the police to give you money just because a robber stole yours, would you?

that what makes me crazy no one named 1236 Coy also if he disable account i think will written under his name Disable i saw many accounts before like this , i hope lindins lap get money back from his accont details if he banned and send it to me , also the steal operation happen in land called Vulcano away from the group i joined so i think something happen i cant understand .

Contact LindenLab And file a report. But dont hold your breath :-/

Because it says "Gift" I would be willing to bet that it was someone with your username and password rather than a malisious object.

Often following 3 rules would prevent this.

NEVER give out your pssword to anyone and if you ever do 'need' to do it then CHANGE it as soon as the reason is gone.
ALWAYS check the address bar in a web browser to ensure that it contains "https://" AND "secondlife.com/" before putting your details in.
NEVER use your secondlife password for other sites.

Another way to have your password taken is to use a 'questionable' viewer. I have heard a lot of reports lately of people being 'hacked' not long after they have downloaded and used a viewer that they probably shouldn't have been useing to connect to SL.

Good Luck

xoxo Lilmix xoxo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.