LL is nice too, at times :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just figured everyone (including me) usually posts negatives, time to actually post something positive:

This morning while I was at work in RL I get an IM asking if our land group would want a 512sqm parcel that had been sitting at the sim edge, surrounded by our group land. I suspect the original owner left SL, never seen the guy there.

Logged on, said "sure", Linden set the land for sale to me... bought it, deeded it, done.

Thanks, LL, and thanks Mr. Linden. Much appreciated. :)

And just to add: Not all my experiences with Lindens were bad, nor all good. But there's indeed a few very nice, very friendly and very kind Lindens out there.

Actually, most who work there are very, very nice and I have many friends who are or have been Lindens. We often shoot the messenger when most of what they have to deal with is out of their control.  It's probably why their turn over is among the highest and of any game company.

Well, how would you like to be called a moron, idiot, and low life all the time?  And not be able to even flip the peron off for saying those things.  Everyone seems to think they are experts yet I haven't seen any of them create or even help to create a grid like Second Life.  It's been tried numerous times over the years..........and every attempt has been less than stellar.  There's got to be a reason for that...........don't you think?

I don't understand how good business practice is "nice", how can you put an emotion on something that is common sense for anyone managing land, if you use emotive words to do business then you are stuck in a trap of being very NICE to survive, you should have knocked them down on the tier, lol, nice, lol, did you pay the full tier or are you afraid of people that are not nice, lol.

No..........my bad.  I meant to reply to the original post.  I wasn't disgreeing with you at all.  I don't have any Linden friends or ex-Linden friends that I know of but every occassion I've ever had in dealing with any Linden employee (in-world, support, or billing on the phone) as been quite pleasurable........even if I didn't get exactly what I wanted or expected.  I cannot think of a single occassion over 6 years where I've ever been treated badly, rudely, or made to feel I was bothering or otherwise them trouble with even the most silly "issue".  I had a Live Chatter even come in-world to help with a problem I was trying to get fixed with a sim restart.......he agreed with me and restarted the sim while standing right next to me on the adjacent sim.  They do care about us.

Oh I know and agree.  I see what the support people go through that I work with and it's a wonder they ever show up again after the 1st day. People can be so rude and often when someone is actually on their side and trying to help.  I think a lot of the public facing Lindens go through the same. 

Where I do often question the policies of Linden Labs and their business sense, most who work there actually do want us to succeed and have fun as many also have businesses (under alts of course) and play in world as well.  :)

I have been very impressed in the way all my support tickets have been dealt with.  ARs on the other hand, past experience and the numerous experiences of others I've read about here in the forums have left me wondering how many ARs are even read before being deleted.

I have only had experiences with requests for help with land through support tickets, but those have been very good. I file a support ticket and get a response in a few days, always really nice.

When someone AR's a child avatar for being on adult rated land or when someone AR's someone for telling them that their avatar is not dressed properly for an event, or someone AR's someone for erecting a giant ugly build next door to their land, or any number of annoyances everyone gets in SL those AR's will be ignored.  An AR must be for a clear violation of some sort to the ToS or CS and it must be backed up by the logs on the LL servers..........otherwise, even if the offense warranted, it won't be acted on by LL.  LL has a policy that they will not speak to anyone on what actions were or were not taken on any Abuse Report they get.......meaning that you just don't know what was done or was not done.  You don't know if a warning was issued, a suspension, or even if LL sent a message to tell the person to tone it down.  I read the forums a bunch (as my post count reflects....and I don't even respond to 1 out of 50 threads or posts I read). 

A common complaint I read is LL did nothing to an AR I sent for copybotted content........well, LL won't do anthing.  That's not an AR'able offense..............it's a civil offense that the DMCA law is the avenue for resolution.  Filing an AR for that will go nowhere.  File the AR's or complaints using the proper method of registering the offense.  A lot of people get all up in arms because LL didn't do something that they think should have been done.......... but those same people didn't make the complaint through the proper channel.  Basics get all upset because they are lower on the totem pole for support.  What should LL do?  Make a premium member wait because a non-paying account thinks Suzy's avatar is too short to be an an adult area?

I criticise LL quite often, and I have nothing but contempt for the company. In doing so, I often include words to indicate that it's the company (management), and not the invidial employees, that I'm down on. When dealing with Lindens, I've generally had good experiences. It's the management that I have contempt for, and not the lesser lights.

There's one exception though - the AR team. My experiences with those lesser lights have been such that I am certain that, too often, they don't do the job they are paid to do. Their manager a while back (Harry Linden) was excellent though. It's the AR 'workers' who are often really bad.

I may be mistaken, but I don't agree that asking if the group wanted a particular parcel is merely good business. Imo, it's over and above being just good business. I've had exactly the same thing happen to me. There was also an occasion when a parcel was set for sale to me, without even asking me if I wanted it. I did, and I got it. As far as I remember, I've only ever had Guy Linden dealing with me about land, and I've always found him to be brilliant.

So, yes, there are many 'good' Lindens. It's the company management (the decisions they make) and the AR team who are bad, imo.

Thanks for the replies... it's interesting that the sentiment of many pretty much matches my own. Individual employees at LL are (usually) nice. The company itself seems dysfunctional though, a sentiment that I know a few Lindens themselves share with "us" customers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.