Sign in to follow this  
Perrie Juran

Spring Fashion Blog: The Celebrity Challenge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I noticed that the Spring Fashion Blog has started.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inworld/Fresh-Fashion-Guest-Blogger-Chance-Raynier-Spring-Into-Color/ba-p/1411225

Please don't get me wrong because I think it's great when you ladies all dress up, but really last time I called it the Fashionista Blog.

So I was curious to see what was being promoted.  Ouch, my eyes, my eyes.

OK, I know it's Your World, Your Imagination.  But puhlease.  I wouldn't be caught dead in any of those outfits.  Besides, I thought Metro-sexual was so last decade.

Granted I may be a bit of an old fashioned fuddy duddy when it comes to dressing. But as I looked at those outfits, I thought to myself, Outfit #1 would be something I'd expect to see Elton John wearing.

So being that you can't leave comments on the Blog post I have started this thread, one of my thoughts being to ask, with what celebrity you would match the various outfits.

Why do you care so much what other people wear and represent?  That's the beauty of Second Life isn't it?  To create and use endless freedom to be and do what we want?  

I personally think the blog posts so far have all represented dynamically different fashion statements. Some a little eccentric and quirky, but isn't that what fashion is all about?  Wearing and doing what you want? If you don't like it, then you have the endless ability to wear and choose something else that you personally like better.  

Oh the beauty of choices in life.

Just my two cents. 

I think the blogger looks cool. I like male avatars that change style and edits prims so they fit perfectly.

Red details and khaki pants - no problem for me. The hat is super. A bit too much with the red scarf maybe? The rest is total love.

The second outfit is more quirky, but sweet. I would maybe be surprised if my date showed up like that, but after the first shock I would be happy that he don't wear the same freebie jeans and painted on tshirts that so many guys in SL uses...

Mambo no. 5? Hell yes. He looks great in that white outfit. 

Speaking with a guys POV, I think its great esp when guys take the time to blog male fashion.  There's not as much out there for us guys so more the better.  Am I going to like everything that's blogged?  No.  But it gives me different options to look at and also gives me different ideas.  Thanks for the effort!

I appreciate your opinions!  :) I'd love to see the looks you favor in Second Life to see the varying styles.  As for the color choices, I did go eccentric to emphasis color and Spring.  WIth anything we all have varying opinions and likes, and I truly would like to see what styles appeal to you.  Have a great one!

To echo previous comments why do you care so much? Better still, why do you care so much that you have to post a thread about it? Chance has an awesome quirky style and it's great to see more guy bloggers getting out there and showing their unusual style. Just cause it's not your style doesnt mean its wrong!

Think before you speak next time!

Agreed! <3 It takes a lot of effort to put those outfits together, and also quite a bit of money.  People often times don't recognize all the effort that goes into blogging these things for others to gain ideas from.  A little appreciation sometimes goes a long way.  Keeping our opinions to ourselves can also go just as far at times. <3 

I have to say that I really enjoyed all three looks. I loved the vibrant colors, and the style. It's a nice change from seeing no shirts all the time for men. I also loved the quirkiness of the outfits as well.

I think his style is great. I really appreciate the pop of color he added and how he individualized each outfit to his liking. It may not be your style and that's fine but there's no need to be harsh. Instead, maybe you should submit your own entry to highlight the style you favor.

I disagree with your assessment, but that's OK, everyone has a different style.  I thought the looks showcased by Chance, were fashion forward, and were great spring looks. I love his nautical look definately a cute look for a date on the lake, and a private picnic on a little island somewhere.

Perrie Juran, do you have some spring fashionable looks you would like to share, too?

I don't understand the title of this topic thread, perhaps I missed something?  Is there a celebrity look blog challenge?

Whimsy Winx wrote:

I disagree with your assessment, but that's OK, everyone has a different style.  I thought the looks showcased by Chance, were fashion forward, and were great spring looks. I love his nautical look definately a cute look for a date on the lake, and a private picnic on a little island somewhere.

Perrie Juran, do you have some spring fashionable looks you would like to share, too?

I don't understand the title of this topic thread, perhaps I missed something?  Is there a celebrity look blog challenge?

TY.  Myself, those are not styles I would wear.  I'm more conservative and or casual look. I do have actually over a dozen nice tuxes and or suits I  wear.  But for the things I do, places I go, dressing up is not a regular thing.

One responder responded positively.......matched a celebrity to an outfit.

I guess I was wrong for thinking that could be a fun thing to do.

I have two points to make, and actually I'm all for pointing out flaws in outfits/avatars, but when it's well done I 1. don't understand why you claim it to be a joke and 2. don't see why you can describe it as "a fun thing to do"

there's a huge difference between having a chat between friends at a blog post and then publicly broadcasting it on the forums.

Not cool.

I love the bold colours, no, not my taste, but I see what Chance was doing and the bright colours emulate spring and the new season's pop of colour.

I'd love to see you try to prove yourself as a successful blogger, maybe then you can have an opinion? and then maybe we could return the favour....

There is an old adage I like to stick by... If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Everyone has their own personal tastes in everything in life, as well as their own sense of style, preferences, and the like.  To be honest, I would prefer to see more quirky and fun posts rather than the same ole same ole that you see so often.  Chance, this was very much your own brand of style which, while may not appeal to everyone, on the whole is always well put together, and no one knows better than I the thought, planning, and painstaking perfection you strive for in each and every photo.   As always, WELL DONE!  For this particular post, I loved your use of the spring colors, put together in that uniquely Raynierish way.  Each look gives some great ideas for how to use them, and someone could easily come along and say.. "Oh hey.. I have a shirt like that one,..   I could put it with (insert kind of pants here) and OH I forgot I had this.. (insert random accessory here)  and put together my own look from that one! "  Your versatility and diversity show through in every shot, and your fashion sense unparalleled.   Thank you, for sharing this part of you with us all.

I think it's ok to make a bit noise, and Chance seems to deal with it. 

We must challenge Perrie to post a tux or formal outfit, don't you think? ;)

But Perrie, it is easy to make more conservative looks out of what Chance posts. Just use a khaki/navy color palette instead of khaki/red. You should not read fashion bloggers just to copy just what they wear (ok you can do that too), but to pick what you like and ignore the rest. Don't like mint pants and suspenders? Drop the suspenders and pick another pair of pants. White formal suit is bleh? Pick grey for summer.

Bloggers need to showcase a bit more unusual stuff too. I often read posts about men complaining that they can't find anything they like. Often guys ask for things that's already for sale in SL, they just need help to find it.  

I am only just now finding my thread here, which is one reason for my slow response.  When I logged in a little while ago I had private messages about this thread which had led me to believe it had been deleted so I didn't go hunting for it.  In the GD forum it had fallen off the first page and I seldom look at the second page so had not seen it was moved. I understand from the PM's I received that a number of posts were removed.

Last night it appeared to me that the thread was quickly turning into a flame fest so I withdrew myself from it.  I don't engage in Flame Fests.  And then I had to attend to RL.

To me there is a difference between disagreeing with someone's opinion and attacking someone for having an opinion. Sometimes it can be difficult to say which is which, to discern when an opinion has become an ad hominem attack or is a simple disagreement.  Sometimes it is not hard to tell the difference.

While my opinion stands, that those are clothes that I would not wear, etc, my apologies to Chance for posting what appeared to some to be an ad hominem attack. 

Meh.

My problem with the blog entry is--the images and layout of the post.  It's so narrow, it isn't very image-friendly and makes me not want to read it.

One must ask themselves, for a game whose high-end graphics are better suited for widescreen computers, why the blogs on this website don't reflect a layout that is friendlier towards this same resolution.  What's up with that?

On my actual blog all images are 1000x1000. The one the Lindens placed here, the images were shrunk quite a bit.  They are taken at much higher resolution but are not feed friendly larger.  I even get complaints that the 1000 is too high.  Not everyone has a 32 inch monitor unfortunately. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.