Mens clothing/accessories/hair-what are you NOT finding in world that you greatly wish to have?

Chance Raynier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm working on a project where I make avatars for my "ancestors" for photo purposes and I"m having trouble finding the neat, short but not "buzzed" hairstyles most men wore for about the first two thirds of the twentieth century. Most men's hair stores don't seem to have anything even remotely "period" looking.

OK Mr. Raynier :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:  As we were just talking, I thought of a few things for this question in the forum today, which by the way I am very proud of you for participating in.

First would be:  Quality mens jewelry.  Granted I have found a few here and there that I have managed to get you some great things with, but I would love ot have more options!  

Secondly:  Mesh Jeans FOR MEN that will fit. 

Third:  This would probably go for anything, but more things with the option of buying as transferable.  It is very hard to buy a gift for someone (well hard for me to buy you) when I can not transfer it to you.  As you notice, unless we are out shopping, you very rarely get clothing items from me.  Womens tend to be transferable more often.

I think that covers it for now, but I am sure as I think of more, I will add it through the day ..

Great job, mon amour!

~Gabriella Raynier

I'd love to see less "high fashion" mens items and more everyday apparel.  I know when I busted out my male alt recently, trying to find just basic everyday wear was a challenge!  The high fashion stuff is a lot of fun, but there's a lot to be said in the simple stuff too. :)  

Gabriella Allardyce wrote:

Third:  This would probably go for anything, but more things with the option of buying as transferable.  It is very hard to buy a gift for someone (well hard for me to buy you) when I can not transfer it to you.

While most people want
modify
permissions, you can't have
transfer
permissions as well for obvious reasons. This is where the marketplace comes in, Add to Cart as Gift solves this so it shouldn't be a problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mikki Miles wrote:

yes, ethnic clothing of all kinds looks like a nice niche...

I'm wondering why clothing designers underestimate the potential of that niche and make the same robes/miniskirts/underwear all over again and hope for success on a crowded market.

Because no one actually makes stuff out of enjoyment, it's all for the $$. People are willing to spend the rest of their lives buying the same top and same bottoms, then people are gonna spend 20-minutes or so making them and sitting on the sofas as the cash rolls in. It's even easier now since practically everything is made from a kit now, even the boutiques and bigbox stores use kits. How many quality qipaos or togas are made? I can probably count them with one hand's fingers.

• 1 month later...

Rage Riptide wrote:

Gabriella Allardyce wrote:

Third:  This would probably go for anything, but more things with the option of buying as transferable.  It is very hard to buy a gift for someone (well hard for me to buy you) when I can not transfer it to you.

While most people want
modify
permissions, you can't have
transfer
permissions as well for obvious reasons. This is where the marketplace comes in, Add to Cart as Gift solves this so it shouldn't be a problem.

Well color me stupid but, why cant you have Mod /trans as options? It isn't obvious to me. there are plenty of no copy/ mod/trans items for sale.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.