Have you incorporated mesh into your wardrobe?

Chance Raynier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have :matte-motes-big-grin:  I do so love the way mesh moves with a body, but have found that "standard size"  does not always mean... well.. standard size.  It will be much better I think when they do finally get a set size, or the mesh deformer thing so that so much adjusting doesnt have to be done to ones avi with every outfit put on.  One other thing I dont like about it, is ill fitting alpha layers, that for instance, when a female sits in a short skirt, she looks as if she has lost her body, completely.  So for me, while I find mesh clothing to look stunning in some instances, (ie no longer the need for prim skirt) it still has a little way to go before I think I'd be comletely happy with it.  It has definately improved over the course of the last couple of months though!  Creators are getting good at it!! YAY!

Hello Mrs. Raynier!  I know it was a struggle for awhile to get mesh to render in a viewer for you but it has been well worth it!  I have noticed that the ladies sitting in skirts are looking rather odd due to the alpha layer.  I am not sure what could be done to aid that but standing they sure look lovely. 

As with anything new, it will have to evolve and become better and more refined. 

The struggle I have is most the pants do not fit my AV.  I do not have a huge AV nor is it a very small for a male AV, but the sizing is for some gigantic man.  There are a few jeans I have in my inventory that just do not fit even on XS.  But this is due to men not yet having a standard sizing but that is being worked on thankfully!

HI Chance Great THREAD!

To Ansariel - You'd be surprised how many mesh things actually fit the Avatar with no adjustments and you can demo most everything!  Until then you can enjoy accessories like shoes, jewelry, handbags...even cars!  Mesh really provides a phenomenal platform for creators to share their creations.

The Bettencourtsvr.jpg

Mesh Shoes from NX-Nardcotix (Exclusively at OGlam Shopping)

Mesh Cardigan from Mister Poet

Mesh Car from Prefrabica

Full Styling Details at love&fashion Blog!

I love mesh clothing.  All the clothing I've bought recently has been mesh.  Skirts are especially nice, and are a great improvement over what's been available before.

One useful thing that I've learned is that it works better to make my own alpha masks, and it isn't hard.  After I made the first alpha texture for each part, I learned that it works as is, or with minor tweaking for other mesh clothing.  That makes sense, since a creator would naturally make the mesh item to fit average avatars, and I should deviate from average in the same way for every garment.

Another poster mentioned that the alpha masks that come with mesh clothing may mask too much.  That's my experience also, and it's a reason to make one's own.

I wear tons of mesh! I started immediately and urged everyone to try it.  Mens fashion however there is of course less avaiable but I am hopeful for the continued creations.  Like anything new it takes time and patience will surely pay off. I embrace the mesh!  And not just clothing, as you point out, I have tons of cars, weapons, accessories, furniture, even avatars.  It's wonderful!

I do own a few mesh peices, I have a mesh avi which I love because it's super freaking awesome. I do own some mesh dresses from [glow] studio and R.icielli. I find that the mesh from glow works better on my avie than R.icielli as I bought a skirt that was on sale at The Dressing Room and the alpha layer showed too much. No matter the size it just did not work so well. I've had to adjust my shape to fit the items I do have, but I just bought a mesh shirt and I was pleasently suprised that I didn't have to change my shape for it as it came with a bigger boobs option.

That's a reason for some of my pain I have bigger boobs in SL and I mostly keep the buoyance at 0 because I like the way it looks. So some mesh items don't work well on that and I've had to change my buoyance to be able to get the items to fit me. I am looking forward to seeing if they do a mesh deformer I think I'd be buying more mesh if they do that.

I had a slow start with mesh, mostly because I couldnt find a mesh enbaled viewer that I didnt crash every 5 mins with. I persistantly stuck with the Dolphin viewer and Im totally meshed up now!

Most days I wear either coldLogic, or Jane..because they fit my shape perfectly with no editing required..but also CandyMetal are releasing mesh now and the prices are so inexpensive. Arisaris also have had some really lovely mesh gear out..again not overly expensive. Was dead chuffed that SF Designs had a Monday Mania mesh pair of pants...one of my all time favourite stores from 2007 !

Ive tried mesh hair...elikatira & exile...thrilled with it. My fav mesh shoes are  a new release from CandyMetal "vintage pumps"...adorable and such unusual colours. Have yet to go and demo SLink or maitreya...its on my *to do* list.

i'd love to incorperate mesh in to my 'wardrobe' but the problem i have with all the mesh i've demoed so far on the largest or man size is that it's designed for someone as skinny as a bean pole which is too small for me and my av isn't fat when the deformer comes along that should make a huge improvement

Mesh is my absolute favorite :)  I've had so much fun with it being incorporated into our Second Live's now.  I actually have a hard time wearing anything that isnt mesh nowadays.

One thing I'm still iffy about is mesh pants.  For some reason they just don't look quite right on my avatar, but shirts, sweaters, dresses, hair, accessories? GIMME! 

It's easier than you might think.  See this thread:  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Need-Help-Making-Alpha-Masks/m-p/1381171/highlight/true#M15452

After you download the templetes, load the appropriate one into a program that will allow you to make part of it transparent.  (I use paint.net, a free download from http://www.getpaint.net/.)  When you see the templates, it will make a lot more sense.  For the alpha mask texture, all that matters is that some parts are transparent and some aren't, so you can leave the parts that are to be opaque alone.  Just make the parts that you want to hide transparent.  If you have to make some parts opaque after making them transparent, you can use any color.  You will want to use a viewer that allows "temporary uploads," like Firestorm, when doing this, because there is a lot of cutting and trying the first time you do it.

I dare to say most of my outfits nowadays have mesh. I love it!

I am lucky enough that my avatar needed very little editting to fit in the standardised size (M for tops, S for skirts/pants) that is adopted by some designers, so I can shop till I drop! (but I do always take a demo first!)

The only trouble I sometimes have is with some brands: the sleeves/shoulders. Apparently Caity is, although she is not a huge avatar,  bit muscled and has meat on her arms (heh), which I like too much to slim down - hence, some tops I can't wear (sleeveless is never a problem). Oh well, there are worse things?

I also love mesh shoes and boots! Since a week I am wearing mesh-lashes and mesh-jewellry...I can't get enough of it!

Mesh hair, I have some, but I am still happy with my other non-mesh hair as well. Most of my outfits are a mix of non-mesh and mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.