why can I see a friend in location nearby and yet not see them in my nearby Friends tab?

Jaric007

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have spotted a friend in a location visited, but unable to see then either online or in my nearby friends tab in "people", highlighted. I can see others when they come online. Have they either removed me as a friend? or is there a universal problem?. This happened before but seemed to have corrected eventually.   They have said they have not removed me as a friend previously.... can you help, much appreciated...Jaric007

2 answers to this question

It looks as though you have either been removed from their friends list(Their name will not appear in your friends list)
OR
They have chosen that you not be able to view their online status.(Their name will be in your friends list but you will not see them as onlie when they come online)

xoxo Lilmix xoxo

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Jaric007

Click on the Second Life icon at the top of this screen and take a look at your Dashboard.  On the left hand side as you read down the page you will see your current full list of friends. If your friend is no longer on this list, then it is either a temporary glitch or they probably have removed you from their list of friends.

However, some people do remove friends from their list, because of many reasons, one of them being they don't like the distraction of the pop up box announcing when people come and go online/offline, and if this person still speaks to you when you IM them, then it should not pose any kind of problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.