Who do I contact for Non-delivery of items purchased on Marketplace? It is not the sellers fault

Tiara Beningborough

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have made several purchases on marketplace and have not received even one item. I didn't worry about it since it was not mych money, but the other day I purchased 2 cartfulls of items and didn't get anything. I doubt this is the sellers fault as the items in the carts came from different sellers. I don't have time to track down every seller to let them know I didn't get the item. When I do track them down..i am able to get the item because I am online. I shop on my lunchbreak at work and when I get home, there is nothing there. This time it said there were errors and gave a link to go to..I went there and the page said it was no longer available or I typed the wrong address. I can't find who in SL to contact to have my things redelivered. Please help.

Thank you,

Tiara

2 answers to this question

I'm afraid you have little choice but to contact each merchant.  You can try placing a support ticket, using the heading "Marketplace" from the pulldown menu, but I suspect that will be slower than contacting the merchants directly.  Marketplace is just a virtual mall.  It provides storefront space for independent merchants and collects money for sales on their behalf (for a 5% fee), but all sales and deliveries are handled ultimately through the merchants.  For future reference, it is generally not a good idea to use the shopping cart when you want to buy more than 3 or 4 items.  I know that's counterintuitive, but the shopping cart is very easily confused.  When you put too many items in it, that greatly increases the chance of non-delivery.  It's wiser to use the "Buy Now" button and have things delivered individually, or to purchase in world.

To help avoid Marketplace issues, only buy from Marketplace when you are inworld and only buy one item at a time. By all means shop at your lunchbreak but save the URLs for purchasing when you log inworld. Most Marketplace issues seen here involve multiple items from multiple sellers in the carts. I buy singly using the Buy Now button.

Linden Lab expect buyers to first contact the sellers for non-delivered items but if no joy on that front you can submit a ticket under Marketplace Issues and LL will redeliver the item for you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.