Fateland New Mesh Island location on splash screen

Amari Gable

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seems to me if there is a location on the splash screen namely the March Madress Fateland mesh displays, that someone should be around to see how things are going.   Most are complaining the sim doesnt rez and no one can move.   This place has people piled high on the landing spot , not many can get past the landing forget seeing anything beyond the inner circle.  There is arguing and insults flying among people.  Last night someone was there screaming her head off telling people if theywere not buying to get the F&^^^ out of the sim.

I dont think so much it is worn scripts as scripts are turned off in the sim but rather all the mesh displayed which leads me to believe it is too soon to make a play for using exclusively mesh on clothing and all because it may be negative  gaming effects, so my vote on this is out for now because I do not like anything that impacts fluid mobility. 

wWe never quiet get over the lag caused by scripting limits but now if mesh does the same I rather stay with real prims .....so my vote for mesh is out for now....

Amari~

It's not the mesh. A sim full with avatars behaves like - a sim full with avatars. and the things that has been rezzed first for me were the meshes, then came some textures, while the sculpt displays and sculpt attachments of the visiting avatars were stll blobs an such...

Like any mall in SL, things are going to load slow. Just due to sheer volume. Add a gaggle of avatars, things really slow down. It's not any one things fault really, it's the sum of all things.

I would suggest, though, that if you're planning a big splash screen event, ya build the place sooo efficiently that it works well for the lowest common denominator. Ie: if it doesn't work well on yer old laptop, chances are, it won't for half your visitors.

This does take a Lot of planning and optimizing. And realy isnt all that fun, but it's fully nessesary. Of course events like this with multiple vendors compound the problem and would take Herculean efforts to optomise, but it's still very possible. Once the sims overall load is in check, then it's time to think about layout. Landing people in the middle of everything is Not a good idea. As it forces everyone to load everything as they land. Landing people in a corner of the sim, with some walls blocking(occluding) their view, will help some too.

Even if you get all that right, SL is probably gunna choke somehow. So someone needs to be there 24/7 to restart thing when they go turtle.

One thing that would realy help. But I've only seen this done with big LL involved projects(CSI), would be to have copies of popular splash screened event sims sitting there ready to handle the overflow when one gets slow. I'm sure that service would be too spendy to apply to this particular event, though.

/pre coffee ramble

The best thing you can do, is to wear the full alpha mask that is in our library, called "Invisible avatar". Then "Detatch all" from you and go to visit the event. If all did this, we would manage much better. But people are lazy and vain, many goes there to be seen and so they insist on clinging to their AOs and detailed prim clothes. And saving their previous outfit and put on such an invisible attire with two clicks is waaay to much work for them. Sigh.

I don't think mesh is the problem here.... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.