Lets compare friend lists

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I very recently cleaned out my friend's list. First pass I knocked out about 20 people. I waited another two weeks and knocked out another ten.

I only have maybe 15 now with 3 or 5 online. I did this because I had pages and pages of people I never talk to. It's like this, if people can't say hello, then what's the point? Lot of times people would just friend me for no apparent reason, then just reside on my list. I remember once sending out invitations to a very important fashion show, and only those I talk to showed up (and many were online), so I thought, forget it. This way I am no longer bothered with blind tp's to clubs (which is a disease of women who get jobs in clubs), and no more pop ups of log in and log outs of people who don't say hello or bother to care about what is important for my Second Life. Life is too short for meaningless relationships even in SL.

emmettcullen93 wrote:

maybe i should do that as most the ppl in my contacts are partners in clubs i work at or other jobs in sl.

Whoops! I should clarify. Once ppls get jobs at clubs they usually spam their friends. Even my good friend started doing this to me recently and I'm one click away from removing her. Reason. Example. I was building something and one of her blind tp's popped up, and I hit it by mistake and was propelled from my build. I don't spam my friends to come to my store. I have a group for that. If you and your friends are active in clubs then it wouldn't bother you. ;--)

• 8 months later...

Very little in SL annoys me more than a random TP request with no message beforehand!!  I do think the level of avi rage it sets off it me is a bit extreme, but I'm still glad to know othes also find this rude.  It seems to me there are so many assumptions involved in a tp outta nowheresville.

Sometimes the oddest things set me off.  :)

7 Pages, 25 online I talk to half of them at least once a week, even if its just to say howsa you. Never remove a friend unless they have thoroughly earned it (2 so far)

Found out last night that one of my best friends passed away a few days ago, sent her emails, fearing the worst only to open her profile and see a RL death notice. I sit in our living room and look at the gift she gave me for my wedding, its a beautiful sculpt and its no trans, so returning it will mean it is gone forever...like she is. R.I.P. Skye.Foden

Hold onto your true friends, you only get so many, even here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.