Lets compare friend lists

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh, since the day i came (Dec. 2006) I've always been very selective and cleaning my list upon no contact over some time. It really makes no sense to have pages of friends with just a few online and being in contact or active with. Even nice sim owners presenting friendship i tend to accept, but if they remain quiet to me, they also always went. 

I need to feel a real connection, and a respectful one with joined understandings and values. This results in a short list i agree, but a very active one without any worry of drama or misunderstandings.

At the moment 15 remained on my list. 8 online now, all being active with.

Last added somebody: 2 in Dec, 1 in Jan, 1 in Feb. Last deleted: 3 this week from the last 3 month's additions because they had been lying, disrespectful or calculative deceiptful (men!). So 1 remains from that period which seems a natural average for me anyway.

Disrectful behaviour, showstoppers, upcoming drama, one way contact from my side, a total different interest in SL... poof... delete... It keeps my SL simple and clean with only real friends i truly feel a connection with ;)

4 pages, 5 online.  I keep my friends list pretty clean, I delete when a few months have gone by with no contact.  I will befriend newbies and keep them on the friend list for a few months - after that I figure they have their own friends and know how it all works.  There are a few old friends I keep on my list for sentimental reasons - just in case they come back into my life.  I do keep calling cards in case I want to find someone again.

Mine is easy - maybe 15 friends and 3 or 4 online at any given time.

A few of the friends are people who are seldom in SL if not never but I cannot bring myself to delete them.

Some are just casual acquaintances.

As far as actual active SL friends that is easy - three people.

I am not into having a bunch of random names on a friend list just for them to be on it.

17 pages with 34 on line when I looked.  I do clear out my friends list every few months and eliminate any that I don't have contact with after a few months, unless they are long term clients.  I immediately remove anyone that spams, and people that send random tp's without the courtesy of an IM to tell me why.

emmettcullen93 wrote:

i am way behind as i only got 5 pages with only 6 friends online. 2 that i reqularily talk to. lol.

i could use friends if you all could add me @ emmettcullen93. i would love to get my numbers closer to all of yours.
:)

Quality is more important than quantity.

I would rather have 2 or 3 good ones than even 1,000 pages of random names. Random pages of friends who you do not know who they are, never talk to them, etc... there is a website for JUST that purpose. It is blue and white and the biggest game in town right now.

Think about this - would YOU want to be on someone's friend list when they have 100's already? How much time are they going to make for YOU?

Calling someone a friend means something to me. It means I help them, they help me, we make time for each other, we trust each other. Few people in life will fit this bill.

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

emmettcullen93 wrote:

i am way behind as i only got 5 pages with only 6 friends online. 2 that i reqularily talk to. lol.

i could use friends if you all could add me @ emmettcullen93. i would love to get my numbers closer to all of yours.
:)

Quality is more important than quantity.

I would rather have 2 or 3 good ones than even 1,000 pages of random names. Random pages of friends who you do not know who they are, never talk to them, etc... there is a website for JUST that purpose. It is blue and white and the biggest game in town right now.

u just made my monday so much better teardrop :)

6 pages 4 online.

I do not offer friendship and hardly remove someone. A  friend means some to me and is not only a name.

Some of the names on my list left SL or be online while i´m not. Actually it´s the other way, i am not online ;)

A very few have a lifetime entry because they where special.

No wonder people want to login set offline or get annoyed about tons of IMs but with hundreds of people on your friendlist bit of your own fault ;)

Monti

Currently...16 pages and 6 online.

I don't get too many friend requests, but I don't mind accepting them when sent. I don't remove people unless they give me a real darn good reason to-which is a rarity. Even if I rarely speak to them, or in some cases never, anymore, I don't mind seeing their names on my list.

There are a few people on my list that have since passed away. Removing them almost seems wrong, to be honest. So there they remain :)

I like looking at the names, and trying to remember(for those I might not speak with often) when/where/how I got to know them and why they are on my list. Aside from the fact that I fully enjoy thinking back on memories, it actually does me a world of good to try.

I like to reminisce, it's fun.

1 page - it scrolls. 4 online this morning, unusual.

I don't tend to make friends lightly - growing up around gangs puts a perspective of keeping just a few folks close. Never been a Facespammer or Twithead, never picked up that meme of friending everyone. Most of the folks on my list haven't been on in over a year or two... :)

Invariably anytime I accept someone who came to me rather than getting to know them first, they end up being one of those silent friends. But I did for a while pack in a lot of new folks from this while helping them out - and new folks seem to think you have hit the friend button as many times as possible.

It seems that most of older people keep their list cleaner. Maybe I should "grow up" in SL lol

One person wrote about adding people... I would tell you to add me but I would be just a number on your list, I tend to have longer breaks and when I do login its mostly for taking snapshots.

One time I thought to make an alt just so I can wander around SL unnoticed, but after my last break seems that all forgot me. Last time I was online there were only 2 people in my IM.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.