Can't change permitions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, I have yet another problem I need help fixing.

I've built an entire machine that I plan to sell. I've used a few items that I bought in the process that were full perms, however, when I linked the whole thing, some of the permitions were already set. I wanted to sell this with full perms and I couldn't. So, I thought naturally I must have used some item that wasn't full perms by mistake. So I unlinked the whole thing but when I clicked on a prim that was entirely built by me, the permitions were blocked! I couldn't change them!

I'm still credited as the creator and owner of the prim, but I cannot change the permitions on the prim. Also, the prim in question does not have any content.

This is the first time this has happened. How can I fix it?

When using objects from multiple Creators, you should check that each object, any scripts in the object and even the textures used on the object, are Full permissions.

When linking, the last prim you select, should be a prim that you are the Owner and Creator of.

I've made objects for Group use, and I have encountered glitches in the permissions settings after having linked the item. Sometimes, I could deselect the item, close the build menu, and when reselecting the object, the permissions were (recognized?) by the server. Other times, I have had to take the item into Inventory and rez it again. In a few cases, I deleted the item and started over.

I was rtying to avoid having to build this thing from scratch again...

It's really strange that even after delinking everything, the prims that are mine I still can't change any permissions...

Is there no way to fix this?

I already rezzed and delinked and rezzed again but nothing changed.

Lumychan wrote:

Can't change permitions

Can't spell it either! :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, as Knowl said, it's important to make sure the parent prim is one you've created yourself.  Otherwise, as soon as you link it, the whole model could read as if it were made by someone else, and next-owner permissions may end up getting applied to all the objects.  Unlinking after the fact, won't necessarily undo the damage.

The root prim WAS entirely made by me.

ABout 90% of this was made by me and I think I must have used an object that wasn't full perm at some point and didn't notice. However, now when I delink everything, the prims that I made myself still says I'm the owner and creator but deny me access to changing the permissions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.