Daz Studio Rotating Hip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use Daz Studio to create simple animations and a recent problem I've come across is rotating the hip. From what I understand to rotate the hip (for example to sway it back and forth as if dancing) you pin the legs and torso. This works great in the program but when I upload to SL there's a shiver, shaking motion in the legs, chest, arms. Pretty much everything is jittery.The animation looks great other wise and the hips move as intended but all that shaking makes the animation ugly and useless. Does anyone know a solution?

• 4 weeks later...

I am always a little reluctant to answer questions here because I am no expert by any means (and hate to look like a dumb a..  LOL)  but I think I understand what you are seeing. Maybe someone else will correct me if I am wrong.

I have seen this in action in Poser also. What I beleive happens is you pin the joints above and below the one you want but then you over rotate or translate that single joint. Then when you upload the anim these joints are "released" per se and you see the extrapolation in the animation at work (bare in mind I may be using the wrong words LOL).

Try pinning joints further away from the hip. For instance if you want to rotate the hip a little (like a twist) then pin the feet (not legs) and maybe the arms but not chest or abdomen. This will allow for a more natural movement of multiple joints (in this case the hips, legs, chest and abdomen) without translating/rotating your entire avie.

In your example if you "unpin" the joints you pinned, does it still look natural when you play it back? This might be a way of quality control for you. I know in Poser I often have to unckeck the IK of legs and arms before exporting or I get the jitters. I have not been using Daz much of late but suspect it might be the same problem.

April

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.