How can I see mesh??

aen2424

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Your LOD setting may be too low.  Use the Quick Preferences icon on your lower task bar and adjust the slider to about 3.5.  You may also want to check Advanced (CTRL + D) >> Debug Settings >> RenderMaxNodeSize.  A decent setting there is 65536 (the default).  If it is lower than that for some reason, increase it.

That's actually nonsense! The default values for RenderVolumeLODFactor are 2.0 (low), 2.0 (medium), 2.0 (high) and 3.0 (ultra) in Firestorm. And those are even way higher than the default values from V3. If you can't see Mesh with the default values from Firestorm, you have some different issue, but definitely not an LOD problem.

Hmmmmm... That slider needs to be recalibrated then, and the wiki note needs to be changed. The slider maxes out at 4.0 and its midrange is 2.0. BTW, this is the second time in 24 hours that I've had the same question about mesh not showing up in Firestorm. Increasing the LOD factor solved the problem in the first case, but it may have been coincidence. I agree that it doesn't make much sense that LOD would be the solution, but something did.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.