Message from Object box

Juniata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sometimes I get this message, "Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set" when I Open an Object box just puchased from Marketplace.

What does it mean? How do I resolve it?

1 answer to this question

Sometimes people package items not in boxes but in shopping bags.   This is not just because it looks cute but because, if you buy the item in-world, you can usually (depending on the permissions) unpack it in no-rez areas by attaching it to yourself and clicking "open".   And, if you're doing this in a shop, then holding a shopping bag looks better than having a box attached to your hand.

What's this got to do with animation permissions?   Typically, these bags will include a script to make an animation play so you look as if you're actually holding the bag.   If the script is a basic one that doesn't include proper checks and error handling, it'll try to play the animation when the object containing it is rezzed, regardless of whether it's attached or not, and then you'll get that error message if it's rezzed but not attached.

There's nothing you can do to resolve it, but it's nothing to worry about -- just unpack your purchase in the normal way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.