I wonder if I can cancel my premium membership and return to basic membership after I upgraded

TC0592

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm currently a Basic member and I'm planning to upgrade my membership to Premium. But one thing I concern about is that after I upgrade my membership, will I still be able to cancel my Premium membership and return to Basic membership?

3 answers to this question

Yes you can always downgrade back to Basic.   A couple things to know.  If you get a Linden Home as a premium member and decided to go back to Basic, then you need to abandon your land before you can downgrade.  Also, the 1000L signup bonus is paid after 45 days.  So if you are thinking about upgrading to premium for just one month to get the signup bonus, it doesn't work that way.

--Cinn 

• Like 1

Yes, you can. But LL gives no refunds. So if you buy a full year's membership (the best value for your money), and 6 months later you downgrade back ot Basic, they won't refund anything. So it is best to downgrade several days before your Premium dues are due for renewal. That way you get the most value for what you paid for.

The only disadvantage to downgrading after being Premium is one that applies only to fairly old accounts (2006 and earlier) that have never been Premium before. When you go Premium for the first time, LL bases your stipend on the rate that was in effect when the account was created. For new accounts, that rate is L$300 per week. But older accounts, back around 2006 and before, were eligible for L$400 or L$500 per week, and LL still honors that grandfathered rate if an old account becomes Premium. My own account is in that class. If I upgraded today, I would get L$500 per week, not L$300. But if I downgrade back to Basic and later upgrade again, the second time I get whatever rate per week is in effect for new accounts.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.