Scripts being disabled

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Something very odd has been happening on my land, certain scripts are being disabled and turned of, I can't turn them on till I reset them, it seems to be the script that gets the channel info from my website, just that script, been working fine for months, then today I find every object on my land with it has been turned off.

Now this is either lindens as my land is main land, or it is these new tools, so far I had a prim put on my screen with these tools so the lindens told me, they said they had released them to no one, now in with these tools is there an ability to turn scripts off, if so WHY HAVE YOU GIVEN THESE TOOLS TO GREIFERS FIRST AND NOT US.

I spoke to them after the prim on my screen thing, they admitted it was done using the new tools that they have not released, they have the prim so know where it came from, I am not blaming them, but some one has these tools, I wont go further than that, but the fact that I am picked on is kind of showing the lindens who wears the pants, cos who ever is doing it knows I will be so vocal that even the gods will wake and hide under their beds, LOL.

Anyway it is making me update things, cos i have a way round web attacks, but not every thing is updated yet, it is only affecting the older stuff that is all rezzed out and has been for ages, Modular Script lead the way, HAHAHAHA.

It is not possible for anyone (besides Lindens, obviously) to turn off scripts on your parcel, regardless of "tools" that they may have.   Scripts are not part of the Viewer, and no Viewer tool can turn off your scripts.  The tools just send a request to the sim to turn the script on/off, and the sim then checks the permissions.   If you don't have rights to turn the script off, it will not do anything.

Sounds like either (a) you don't own the land, so it's someone else (your landlord) who has the rights to turn scripts on/off or (b) the Lindens turned them off for some reason.

It wasn't griefers.

I do own the land, its group owned and I am the only person in the group, me and my alts, I have found that get objectdetails has bugs, I have added a script checker, to test, every 10 seconds every script is checked, what I have found that object memory does not work, seems that you either have to change sims or rewear things to get it to report the memory being used correctly, I have found that changing sims can cause some scripts freeze, they are not turned off as such but frozen, when you open them they say they are running but are not and you have to reset them, this is not constant, only happens some times, but I am getting fedup of doing the lindens debugging for them.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

I have found that get objectdetails has bugs, [...] I have found that changing sims can cause some scripts freeze

Well, that's (not) nice, but it doesn't have anything to do with "tools" that some imaginary griefer is using to set the scripts on your parcel to "Not Running".   It's just bugs.  (Your "griefers" are the Linden Lab developers!  LOL)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.