Some important inventory items vanished 2 hours ago. where can i file a ticket.

Canis Canning

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Two hours ago some of the inventory items that where attached to me vanished. They are not in Lost&Found or in the trash and can not be found in inventory by search.

Is it possible to restore my inventory to a state before that happened (around 1st march 2012, 1pm)?

Can I file a ticket somewhere?

3 answers to this question

You were wearing the items and they vanished?  That's extremely unusual.  If things seem to have disappeared from your inventory, though, that's not uncommon at all.  The usual reason is that your locally cached copy of inventory was borked somehow, so it's no longer in sync with the real copy that is in SL's servers.  You'll have to rebuild your copy.  Clear your cache manually  from outside SL. That often clears up lost inventory issues.  If it doesn't cure your particular problem, see here for more suggested solutions. 

It's also possible that the inventory you were wearing was content that the might have been "copybotted" (or pirated, or stolen) and the original creator of the content filed a DMCA take down notice.  Linden Lab is obligated by law to take the content off their servers.  That is the single reason I can think of as to why something you were wearing would disappear.  Rolig's suggestion about manually deleting your cache is a good step to take.  I'll also suggest once you manually clear the cache to log into one of the LL maintained sims such as Aqua, Pooley, or Lime) and once there open your inventory to see if it has started loading by looking at the items fetched.  If it hasn't started type in some random letters slowly until it starts...then just wait for the inventory to completely load (the counter will change to "xxxx items fetched".  TP to wherever you normally log into and check for your lost items.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.