How do I figure rental charge for commercial use of a building on my property?

Quenild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have opened a tavern for a venue for live music and DJs, and have a small village set up as well.  How do I figure the rent for a building I already have on the land?  And what is the usual charge for vendors on the land?

2 answers to this question

You can charge whatever you want as long as someone is willing to pay!   Generally speaking, people rent based on the number of prim that's made available to them.  I've seen rental fees from 1L per prim per week up to 5L per prim per week.  You just need to calculate how many prim you are willing to let your renter have, how much its costing you for those prims and how much profit (or lack thereof) you want to make.

--Cinn

• Like 1

You do it the same way you would in RL.  First, look at your expenses to figure out what your minimum rental fee would have to be if you wanted to recover all costs.  Then visit a lot of similar venues and see what the rest of the market is charging.  Set your fee as high above your calculated minimum as you can without going over the maximum that you see other people setting.  There's no good formula for doing this.  Your own fee wll be influenced by the appearance and accessibility of your site and its surroundings, as well as other amenities you may offer, and by any other contractual terms you may offer.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.