How did the universe come into existence?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porky Gorky wrote:

We have active threads on Politics and Child Avatars in GD so lets go for the trifecta and cover religion vs science.

Based on your research, experience, religion/faith or paranoid delusions, how do you think the universe came to be?

Whilst I agree, he is bang on awesome n' all that in the series, I do wonder though if he is secretly brainwashing me. His voice is so melodic and engaging he could literally tell me anything and I would believe it. 

Anywho....Ignoring Morgan, here is what I think.

I am currently digging the multi-verse theory, in fact I am becoming more convinced that we are living inside a black hole. I think there were multiple universes in existence before ours. In one of those universes a black hole formed and the energy released during the formation of that black hole resulted in our big bang and the subsequent inflation and expansion of our universe. In turn I think every black hole that appears in our universe creates a new universe on the other side.

That is the theory that most intrigues me at the moment.

I don’t believe in god in any of the conventional forms found in our religions. But I do believe in a form of intelligent design. I look at the complexity of things like life, DNA and the awesome abilities of atoms and can’t for a second believe that these things have just randomly happened. There is purpose in their existence and that purpose is being realised as the universes age. Whatever is behind this grand design I can only imagine, but I don’t feel any need to pray to it or worship it and hold no illusions about my position within the grand scheme of things. I believe when I die, I die. Whatever energy that is left in my brain, my soul, my intelligence, whatever you want to call it will die along with my physical body and the only way to avoid this is through the intervention of technology.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Anyhoo....Ignoring Morgan, here is what I think.

Ok .. ( but.. have you ever watched ' Through the Wormhole'  ? Your multi-verse theory is described in one of it' s episode as well ).

I' ll leave you with a quote by Carl Sagan : " Extraordinairy claims require extraordinairy evidence."

This goes especially for those who ' believe' instead of confirming matters scientifically.

Your guess might be as good as mine when it comes to it.

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Porky Gorky wrote:

Anyhoo....Ignoring Morgan, here is what I think.

Ok .. ( but.. have you ever watched ' Through the Wormhole'  ? Your multi-verse theory is described in one of it' s episode as well ).

I' ll leave you with a quote by Carl Sagan : "
Extraordinairy claims require extraordinairy evidence.
"

This goes especially for those who ' believe' instead of confirming matters scientifically.

Your guess might be as good as mine when it comes to it.

Yeah I love the series and watch all those sorts of documentaries, I am certainly not inteligent enough come to the multiverse/big bang conclusion on my own. I just watch Morgan and others like the godlike Prof. Brian Cox then steal the bits of their theories that make the most sense to me and present them as my own. :smileyhappy:

As for confirming matters scientifically, it's a theory so there is no need for the purposes of this thread. Just make it up as you go along or steal it off the telly.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Anywho....Ignoring Morgan, here is what I think.

I am currently digging the multi-verse theory, in fact I am becoming more convinced that we are living inside a black hole. I think there were multiple universes in existence before ours. In one of those universes a black hole formed and the energy released during the formation of that black hole resulted in our big bang and the subsequent inflation and expansion of our universe. In turn I think every black hole that appears in our universe creates a new universe on the other side.

That is the theory that most intrigues me at the moment.

I don’t believe in god in any of the conventional forms found in our religions. But I do believe in a form of intelligent design. I look at the complexity of things like life, DNA and the awesome abilities of atoms and can’t for a second believe that these things have just randomly happened. There is purpose in their existence and that purpose is being realised as the universes age. Whatever is behind this grand design I can only imagine, but I don’t feel any need to pray to it or worship it and hold no illusions about my position within the grand scheme of things. I believe when I die, I die. Whatever energy that is left in my brain, my soul, my intelligence, whatever you want to call it will die along with my physical body and the only way to avoid this is through the intervention of technology.

the first thing that came to mind when they were scanning back from the universe where it all kind of meshes together..

it reminded me of neurons..

the thing that amazes me most is the size of things..

you just know we could go forever in either direction..bigger or smaller..

i just see everything relative to spheres and rotation and endless space..

our whole universe could be a nerp inside an atom inside some other universe..

i think the universe is also inside of a sphere that is in a field of other spheres of universes that are part of an even bigger picture that just keeps going and going..

and i also think it keeps going that way in the other direction..

when i start thinking about the universe ..i can be stuck in a daydream for a long time..it's like my favorite thing to study and also watch the shows on..it always has been..

when i got u-verse tv..i was ecstatic when i found out we had a universe channel lol

Even when Morgan Freeman explains it in his ever soothing tones, the whole multi-verse theory makes my head hurt!

Maybe I would feel better believing that in one of those other-verses it makes perfect sense to me.  But really I'm thinking:

♪♪  "Second-verse ... same as the first"  ♪♪

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

that was an amazing show..

i could listen to that man all day..some people just have a knack for explaining things to where they are so clear..

it all makes sense also..'it also makes me feel even more that there is something outside of our universe going through the same event from start to finish..just like everything started and ended with our universe..

and all those events being a part of an even bigger event and arrow of time..

where there is death there is life..so it's very possible looking from the outside in at the universe..

bleh now i will be thinking about this all day lol

i'm on part two now heheheh

Tatianna! Your outfit is WONDERFUL!!! Do you happen to have a sim? If so would you mind passing me the LM inworld? Names Dahlia Endsleigh :D

On the universe, I agree with the Morgan Freeman thing..seems very plausible. Maybe there was intellegent design that set it all into motion, and just let happen, happen. I don't want to believe the black hole thing, as science shows that a black hole rips whatever thing goes into it to shreds. I do think there could be parallel universes however..so the black hole thing just could be plausable...forgive me, at work, don't want to work :catvery-happy:

i just watched the second part about how we were made from stars..what it takes to fuse and make all 92 elements..

i was gonna wait till later to watch it..but i had to take a peek and then got sucked in hehehehe

this guy is great..the second i noticed he had anything in his hands..i knew something cool was about to happen..hehehe

i have to say..he is even better than morgan freeman..and thats saying a lot  hehehehe

Yeah Prof. Brian Cox is a bit of a poster boy for science on the BBC right now, he manages to explain technical science fact and theory in a way that most can understand without feeling like they are being patronised, I really like his presentation style and his calming northern (english) accent.

When I got that series I just sat there for 4 hours and watched the whole thing. It was really engaging.

The only thing I don't like about him is that he is 44 and looks that young. I'm jealous. 

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

The universe is a singularity, so your question is pointless, as all time and space exist within that singularity, what your questions should have been is how does the energy within that singularity express itself.

Where did the singularity come from? what existed before it? how did it come to exists at all? If the Universe is indeed a singularity then my question is still relevant.

How did the Universe / singularity come into existence?

Porky Gorky wrote:

Yeah Prof. Brian Cox is a bit of a poster boy for science on the BBC right now, he manages to explain technical science fact and theory in a way that most can understand without feeling like they are being patronised, I really like his presentation style and his calming northern (english) accent.

When I got that series I just sat there for 4 hours and watched the whole thing. It was really engaging.

The only thing I don't like about him is that he is 44 and looks that young. I'm jealous. 

lol i was  falling in love with his accent as well and his smile as he talked and now his mind..

well really it all happend at the same time lol

i'm trying to think what musician he reminds me of..

but yes that was one thing..it was very relaxing ..like you didn't have to think..you could just absorb everything..where some just run through it..

you can tell he wants what he is saying retained..

and now i have to find the other two hours!!!

but i think i will find those this weekend..i want to enjoy the information i have right now =)

thank you very much!! =) for showing me the link so that i could find this and see it..

i'll also be looking for everything  he does in the future as well =)

SIngularities are theorized to exist at the core of black holes and it has also been theorized that the multi-verse is essentially made up of multiple singularities. Taking your theory on negative and positive balance, couldn't we have this balance across multiple universes too? So negative and positive universes all ultimately balancing each other out? I think singularities fit right into some multi-verse theories.

I've always liked the theory that Black Holes are what collect and store the material needed for the next Big Bang. It's a good theory, but it doesn't answer How.

I like the Genesis theory of an Atom being divided and multiplying fruitfully. I like how a Solar system looks like a molecule, but again, no How.

We are an electric Universe. Power structures, hidden in symbolism.

Check out these shapes I made. I have about 275 and there is a reoccurring pattern.

I think the prims are trying to tell me something! :smileysurprised:

roman_016.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.