Sign in to follow this  
pwhack

Slave collar questions from a newbie?

Hi Folks,,

Been under 2 mths in SL now and exploring various adult worlds. Just a few questions about the slave collar that is worn by avators.

1 When a slave is leashed is he/she free to go if they meet with what they consider a rather creepy character< i.e do they have to be unleashed or have a method to escape if they so want?

2 is there a way to get a freebie collar and other objects in any of the worlds?

Thanks a lot folsk for any info.

Paddy

Yes you can  escape just take the collar off  and your free less you have rlv running  but just as easy  log off log in without rlv running then take collar off and reset it .

as for fee collars serch for open collar in search  they are free and as good as most .

For high-quality free collars, try Open Collar.

If you use an RLV relay and you're locked in place, there is usually no way to move until/unless you're released. You can speak privately with the individual in question and ask them to leave you alone. If they refuse, you can turn off your RLV in preferences, log out, then log back in. Without RLV, you cannot be locked in place. This is commonly referred to as "cheating" in the world of those who use RLV, and is often frowned upon, but sometimes it's necessary when you come across those really unsavory people or end up stuck in an extremely uncomfortable position. Alternatively, if there's someone else around, you can ask them to let you go, if possible. Explain that you're feeling very uncomfortable, and see if they'll release you, or at least rescue you from the creeper.

I think the best answer next to the technical information is.....don't play around with those stuff until you know the person well enough. Thats the best way to avoid the worst creepers.

To avoid being burned, a safe way (using opencollar as an example, others have similar features) is to always set yourself as a higher level owner than your dom.

If a dom can't respect that, certainly in the earlier stages of your relation, I'd not trust them to respect your boundaries.

I was told, and so far it works, to do as follows (this for opencollar and their cuffs, may be different for other brands):

- set yourself as primary owner, any dom(me)(s) you play with as secondary owners
- no autocapture on (setting this on would allow anyone to become secondary level owner temporarilly, fun for some kidnap play maybe but wouldn't want to have it on fulltime)
- keep collar and cuffs locked unless needed so others can't lock them against you.

many freebies around :)  Look for "temple of the collar", in Keraxic, for opencollar. Big selection of collars and matching cuffs.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Keraxic/13/242/23 good support community. 

As with everything that can take control away from you: do read the manual!

and p.s. you'll need an rlv enabled viewer as well, and an RLV relay (some collars have one built in, depends on software version). RLV Viewer (http://www.erestraint.com/realrestraint/) works for me, but there are others.

Setting yourself as primary owner is a very good advice when you are new to that stuff, soem goes for reading the instruction manual (yes, some notecards do make sense to read).

Open Collar offers free collars, cuffs and some other stuff  with a wide range of different designs, somebody else provided the link to the temple already.

If you find it strange to have more power over your restraints than your actual dom/domme/playmate/whatever then use the keyholder module, you can set it so that you are locked out of the collar when the key is taken (Set a reasonable timer!!!! and, yes, read the instructions).

You can reset your collar whenever you like to using the RUNAWAY command, this will clear all owners and settings and leave the collar in the same state as when you purchased it.

Most of the stuff I said refers to Open Collar, which will probably be your choice since you don't want to spend 1'000s of Ls for something you are not familiar with.

Also have a look at the OC Wiki, link below:

http://code.google.com/p/opencollar/wiki/OpenCollar

Thanks verymuch Folks for yoru replies and help.

Although it may well be cosidered as cheating does simply changing the avatar to a default one and then applying one of your saved outfits get rid of any kidnap or uncomfortable situations even if an avatar is owned and locked without any seemingly means of escape?

Thanks again

Paddy

Can you be more specific about the problem?   

If  you are locked into the collar, (or anything else) then Advanced - Character - Character Tests - Test Male or Female isn't available.   It might not be greyed out, but clicking it won't do much, and nor will anything else that might remove the locked item.

If you aren't locked into your collar, or if you are, but aren't using RLV, then yeah, that should free you, but so will lots of other methods

If you are locked into something using RLV, and you can't -- for whatever reason -- safeword out of your predicament, the simplest solution, by far, is to turn off RLV in your viewer preferences, log out, and then relog somewhere else.   You can then, if necessary, remove the item that's causing difficulties, and then, if you want, turn RLV back on in your preferences and  log out and back in, to reactivate it.    That is guaranteed to work.

boo :)

Ok, first rule, know what your collar is and how it works.  I suggest only use your own collar and make it Open Collar. If someone wants to collar you wtih there collar, and you want to accept it, then before wearing it, make sure you are willing to give them full control.

For open collar, for RLV play , just go into the RLV menu and hit clear all, that will release you from the RLV trap.

In the relay menu, set the mode to ask, that way ou can check out the person before becomming trapped.

You may need to set playful to no as well.

If you added soemone as owner and no longer like them, then go in the owners menu and hit reset all.

Theres no need to add you as owner, that is redundant you are the owner with Open Collar.

Stuck in animation, go into animations > pose > and hit the *Release* button.

Sometimes things get wonky, maybe scripts are not running to fast etc, so you last resort is to log out, log in at hom then reset the whole collar.

I suggest only useing open collar, as those keep you in control, other collars may not give you any control and will force you to disable RLV in your viewer, but those other collars can be a lot of fun :matte-motes-evil:, just remember they may ot give you any control.

and for the love of all things real, this is not real, you are not really collared physically, just mentally, got it :matte-motes-nerdy:

Open collar is probably the easiest to the free-est to use. As a Mistress I've had many subs collared with Open Collar, and the commands are fairly easy to remember. There is another free collar - the Dari's House collars - usually in the Market or other places you can find a whole bunch of them. Dari quit the game a long time ago, so all his collars are freely set out there. You MAY find people charging for those collars and his arm binders - don't pay for them. Unless they drastically did something new to them - which chances are they didn't... they're free now. But they work similarily to open collar. Have a few other options but they're pretty similar. I had a sub that wanted a posture collar and there is a free one with a posture posture lock. Plus you can do things like crawl instead of walk and such, but even OC has that.

But I do agree with the suggestion - make yourself an owner of your own collar, then you can always get out of whatever "trouble" you get yourself into. Once the relationship proceeds into a place where you feel like you WANT to give up control, you can just do a reset or "runaway" and all owners will be cleared - including you - and then you can give them ownership power over you. Of course, you do have that runaway ability. If you use a ToKon or other collar system - I'm not sure if they have that open. There ARE some "Hardcore" collars out there that pretty much unless you delete it - or stop running RLV - you're stuck in someone's power.

There is a Sub Hud for OC - I suggest you try that too, gives you one click access to your AO and your menus.

Howdy, P.

There are a LOT of Masters/Mistresses out there that have NO idea what they are doing and you really have to be careful.  You can get into some sticky situations and, after reading this thread, you know now how to get out of them. I have owned boys for several years here in SL and I've thought many times that I need to hold Dom Classes so maybe these people will learn something about what it REALLY means to be a Master or Mistress. 

Contact me inworld and we can talk further about your concerns. 

I don't have as much of a replay as I do a question about collars.  Been in sl for 4 yrs and am curious about collars.  What is the difference between an open collar and a bdsm collar?  I found a very high end jewelry store that sells both but with no explanation on what each does.  Could someone shade some light please? 

"Open collar" is also a BDSM collar, its mainly the name of one kind of collarsystem. The difference between a normal collar and a bdsm collar is mainly that the first one is not scripted.

I guess some newcomer friendly BDSM sims might have detailed explainations about all the different collar options.

pwhack wrote:

Thanks verymuch Folks for yoru replies and help.

Although it may well be cosidered as cheating does simply changing the avatar to a default one and then applying one of your saved outfits get rid of any kidnap or uncomfortable situations even if an avatar is owned and locked without any seemingly means of escape?

Thanks again

Paddy

No it does not. Once the collar is locked to you it will not come off by changing outfits. Only the outfit will change but the collar will remain. If you're uncomfortable with the situation your best bet is to log off turn RLV off and log in take off the collar.

Also I would start with Open collar. If you hear of a collar called Icontrol or someone wants to use it on you I would say no. It's a good collar (or rather chip) if you know the person well but you can not change the owner on it once it's set as it's stored in a database. It can also be somewhat hard to remove I've heard even with RLV off (though I never had that issue). Any collar like Icontrol you may want to hold off on until you know the person.

So here is my situation: 

I have been on SL for a week. I was checking out the Damsel RLV Dungeon. I get a IM from this guy saying that if I have any questions about BDSM feel free to ask, then told me about the RLV viewer and a collar make the BDSM much more realistic. Of course I was very intrigued, so I asked more. He sent me the sight for the RLV.. I downloaded it, and switched over to that viewer. He then sent me a landmark to go get a collar. Ok so I get a collar. (or more like I was gifted a collar while there)...So I ask him, Ok how do I set this up. He TP me to his place and guides me through it step by step. And he was like "ok so this is how it works..." He sends me the whole request to be captured thing, I click yes, so he can show me how it works....In the meantime, he placed a new collar on me, told me I had to click yes again for him to control my actions, but he didn't tell me he put a new collar on me, so I thought it was with my original collar...This one has every restriction and lock you can think of...After he has pretty much showed me how it works, he says "Ok as much as I love this little conversation we are having, I will get right down to the point....This entire time I have been dwindling away at your defenses, and you are now my slave. And you will find it impossible to escape....go ahead, try to tp out"....So I try....I then try to do the /1arrunaway and that has been disabled. Someone tries to TP, I try to TP someone, they all fail. I tried actually running out the property through the door....It is locked to me...I have tried detaching the collar, changing the settings, etc....it is all locked to me...I have even tried disabling the RLV...THAT is even locked to me. I cannot turn off RLV....Other people have tried to free me and it doesn't work....

So here is my point....at the moment I am not wanting to be free, because I am quite curious as to how this will play out....BUT IF it becomes too much for me to handle and this man refuses to release me, is there a fool proof way of escaping (without having to completely deleting my whole SL account and starting completely over)? 

Welcome to Second Life, Adylyne!

Log-in using the official SL viewer, which does not support RLV, then remove the collar and any other RLV things you are wearing. I don't know how you can be prevented from disabling RLV in those viewers that have it, but a clean reinstall should wipe out any persistent settingss. Here's the Firestorm page for doing a clean reinstall...

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_update_viewer

You'll want to skip the "Restore Settings" part, as that's where the RLV setting is saved.

Good luck, have fun!

Always keep a second viewer installed, and make sure it has rlv disabled or just keep the sl default viewer as an alternative. Never accept a collar or any rlv device ever from anyone you do not know or trust very deeply. Never let someone rdp to your computer to log you in to sl ever. For one it is against the tos and for another it is just stupid to give someone that level of power or control over you or your account.

some say it cant hurt you, while physically this is partially true, it does no real damage; but it can cause stress and anxiety in some. Mentally and emotionally this is completely false. It can and will effect you if you allow it to, if you let it get to deep in your head. And that is what some dom's/master's/mistress's/owners want. they want and need you to internalize it so deeply you wont take off the collar and thus free yourself form their control. they need that level of power and control over you to make themselves feel good no matter what it makes you feel like afterwards. stay away from those kinds of people at all costs they are trash and do not deserve your respect at all. sl is sl.. rl is rl.. sl=/=rl...total bs. only the truly predatory or truly broken ever spout that bs. everything done anywhere be it in rl of virtual can negatively affect someone. anyone claiming otherwise just does not what you taking their fun away from them by how they can make you feel.

always search and read up on anything about what you are going to do first to make sure it is what you want. always learn first about what can or cannot be done with the rlv viewer and its options on how to clear restrictions or disable it to give you the most safest experience until you are ready to push your limits.

always have limits.. anyone that says they do not are liars. always make sure your owner or dom or mistress or master knows those limits and accepts them without challenge to begin with. you can always change them over time. if they refuse. leave them. ban them from your collar. block them from communicating with you. they are just predators seeking out their own sexual deviant desires and have no real thoughts or feelings for you and how it makes you feel. they are not worth your time or effort ever. a true dom or owner will listen to you and openly discuss with you why you have those and when and if you want to explore testing them and how. a true master or mistress will care for you and take care of you properly and not leave you stranded or free for anyone to abuse without first asking if that is ok with you.

trust, faith and belief.. if you do not have that with the person wanting to be you owner, they do not deserve to be owner. if was added as owner by mistake or trickery, disable rlv. remove collar, reset it or get rid of it and get a clean fresh one. and when ready turn rlv back on and try again.

play smart and safe, dont just fall for the hype or the lies or the promises. have a waiting period before you make them owner. if they are really interested and is because they care and not just for their own personal enjoyment then do so.

there are many jerks in sl that delight in tricking people to turn rlv on and then abusing them. be smart. dont be prey for them until you are ready for that level of bdsm play.

• Thanks 1

I recommend the Firestorm Viewer.
http://www.firestormviewer.org/

In this viewer RLV is turned on or off on this menu path:
Avatar => Preferences => Firestorm => Extras (tab) => Allow Remote Scripted Viewer Controls (RLVa)
RLV is enable when this checkbox is checked.

To escape any RLV situation turn off RLV and relog. Then you will be able to detach any device locked on to you, and TP out of any cage, or stand up from any bondage device.

I recommend the against the Real Restraint viewer: http://www.erestraints.com/realrestraint/  This viewer is for serious hardcore players only. It is for those who want their bondage to be about is real as it can be in RL, and accept the possible consequences of it being so. In this viewer RLV cannot be turned off, and its installation replaces and uninstalls the Second Life viewer.

The OpenCollar has the option for a safeword. When enabled in advance of ownership assignment and later used, you can run away from any owner in control of your collar. Another way to maintain an escape option is to make yourself the primary owner, and then anyone you wish to submit to be the secondary owner. A primary owner can remove any secondary owner.

Where to get free slave collars and cuffs:
The Temple of the Open Collar at Sidekick:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bondage/244/127/23
OpenNC:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tovaris/82/109/32