I hear LL is going to make it so you cant see friends online, is this true?

Brendan Siemens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A friend told me that LL was going to make it so you cant see your friends online. Something about some privacy issues and a treaty that was recently signed between numerous countries, I hope this is false. How are you going to communicate, run a business or chat with friends if you are not going to be able to see who is on? I really hope this rumor is not true.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

The problem today is that you can see people online that are NOT your friends and don't want you to see them.  But some TPV's (and utility HUDs) will show you the online status of non-friends, leading to issues of stalking and other such nasty stuff.  I believe that is the problem they plan to address with some of the new privacy settings/policies

--Cinn

You will still be able to see your friends on line, IF they have checked the "see when I am on line" box in their Friends list.  (This is on by default).  If they have unchecked that box, no, you wouldn't see when they are on line.  And your viewer, if it is currently capable of this, would not show "online status" in strangers' profiles.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.