Online account

RayleeRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just to clarify your question...  Are you asking if someone can see you when you sign in here - on the forums?  Or if you are accessing your feed from the website while NOT being in-world?

There is no way to hide your online status when you are in-world.  Someone could tell you were on the website if they look at the times that you post in the forum or on your feed.  I think there is a green dot by your name in the feeds if you are online (on the website)

RayleeRose wrote:

To clarify:  I am asking... If you are here in the forum logged in and someone is in world, can they tell that you are here?  That even though you are not in world, can they see from there that you are online?

No, they can only see you online in the forum when they are also on the forum. Not from inworld.

It is almost impossible to be invisible or hide anyway, unless you use another account (alt) that has no friends and nobody knows about.

The green dot in your profile is only green and showing when you are inworld and have the settings to either: show online for everybody or show online for friends only (am not inworld to check, but I think that is how it is called). When you use your my.secondlife.com/your.name  on the web, it will not show you as online.

When I click on your name here in the forum (so not inworld and not your inworld profile) I can see whether  you are online or in this case from 5 mins ago, you seem to be offline, but it shows your last date and time of visit.

screenshot online forum.JPG

You can change these setting in your forumprofile, I do not have the time to look and make screenshots, but it is not that difficult, just go to your own profile here and browse around in the privacy settings.

Ian Undercroft wrote:

I have noticed that if you are online in the SL feeds (my.secondlife.com) someone searching your web-based profile from within SL (using V3 or Firestorm) may see the green dot on your profile and could falsely assume that you are inworld.

Ooh, I have not noticed that...will try it out!

Not that I mind who sees me online and where on the SL-sites/world, but just because I am curious!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.