Adjusting from owner access to group?

Eli Wardell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello all! I purchased a script on MP from a superawesome guy (and for 0L to boot!) and I'm needing to change access from owner to group.

Here is the script, how should I mod?:

--integer totaldonated;
string owner;

{
    on_rez( integer sparam )
    {
        llResetScript();
    }
    state_entry()
    {
        owner = llKey2Name( llGetOwner() );
        llSetText( owner + "'s Tip Jar.\nAll tips are appreciated!\n$L0 Donated so far",<25,0,128>,1);
    }

money(key id, integer amount)
    {
        totaldonated += amount;
        llSetText( owner + "'s Tip Jar.\nAll tips are appreciated!\n$L" + (string)amount + " Was donated last!\n" + "$L" + (string)totaldonated + " Donated so far",<.25,1,.65>,1);
        llInstantMessage(id,"Thanks for the tip!  I really appreciate it.");
        llInstantMessage(llGetOwner(),(string)llKey2Name(id)+" donated $" + (string)amount);
    }
}--

Would disagree, Lucinda. There is nothing "bad" about this script, it has no gasping holes and it doesn't eat up server time with inept code. It is...hmm... just simple, no options, no thrills :)

Actually it is on the good end of what one may get hunting for free scripts. And that brings up a point for Eli.. so

@Eli. You are a business owner. Looking for L$0 items regardless whether scripts or something else is the best way to ruin your business. Anyone telling you of success without investing some money is either a fool or tries to make a fool out of you. That's all there is to it.

As to the question itself, as was suggested above, deed to a group. The receipts would be distributed to group members as dividends by LL. If you want to distribute yourself, either buy a good tipjar with applicable options at the marketplace or have a custom script written for you. I wouldn't charge less than L$5K for a good custom script, but there are cheaper scripters.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.