Scripts?

SuperMikey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Hello SuperMikey. Please check out the following link: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Script You can find easily the total number of the scripts you wear and how many of them are running currently if you rezz a script counter and click on it. You can find several free in world. If you can't find, contact me in world to send you one. Alternatively you can get infos about the scripts you wear under the "About Land" window. In viewer 3 Menu World --> About Land --> General --> Script Info --> My Avatar.

The owner of the land you are trying to enter evidently has a script counter and you seem to be wearing more scripted items than he is comfortable with.  They are probably in your hair, unless you are wearing a ton of script-heavy jewelry.  The number of scripts you are wearing doesn't make a lot of difference, but the amount of time that it takes the sim to process them does. The sim's servers process scripts in their spare time -- quite literally -- so if they run out of spare time, everyone's scripted activity starts to lag.  Landowners usually don't understand, or don't have an easy way to measure script time, so they just count scripts instead. They make the somewhat reasonable conclusion that someone wearing lots of scripts is probably also using loads of time and will make life miserable for everyone else.

Once you use a script monitoring tool as Angel suggested, start taking off your prim items, one at a time, to figure out where the real culprits are. Then either remove any unnecessary scripts or replace those objects with less heavy ones.  There's no strict rule, but you should aim for wearing fewer than 50 scripts and using less than 2 Mb of server memory for them.  Those and benchmark numbers that many landowners seem to look at.  I rarely have more than 10 or 12 scripts myself, for a total of about 500Kb or memory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.