-

Wulfie Reanimator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How many accounts do you have? If you are switching to alts often it will most definitely cause cache issues.

Also, if you are working with multiple versions of the viewer on the same PC, and if you go back and forth between then you will also see cache issues since they share many of their resources.

I would un-install all viewers except one and just use that viewer.

Don't go back and forth between alts and if you do, make sure the one you are on fully loads before you log off.

The other question would be, do others see you this way?

If the eyes are fixed in Ruth then you need to carefully add one item at a time until you find which is causing the problem.  Other than that I don't have any other suggestions other than try rebuilding your Avatar on another SIM such as Smith or Aqua.

If this does not help, you may want to add your voice to this JIRA along with your pictures and as detailed info as you can give:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2650

Please don't copy your post from another thread and post it again. Chances are, if we were unable to help the first time, we'll be unable to help the second time.

Personally, I don't have any other advice. I'm mystified. Have you considered briefly upgrading to Premium, in order to get some help? You could easily downgrade again after the first month and only be charged the initial $9.95. I suggest this because if everything we've suggested and you've tried hasn't helped, and you don't want to begin fresh because you have over $200 invested in your current account, $9.95 seems a small price to pay to get some real LL assistance. At this point, they may be the only ones who can help.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

How many accounts do you have? If you are switching to alts often it will most definitely cause cache issues.

No, it won't.

Screenshots in the thread look a lot like a short lived bug almost a year ago invlving something with the attachments commonly worn by furries - either alpha maps or multipke attachments or something - caused the avatars to look like that on the viewers of people lacking the feature being used... But it was short lived and I can't recall exactly what it was.

I used to have one alt, but I've stopped using it long ago. I've done clean installs a few times since the problem occurred.

As for multiple versions of a viewer, I have none. I only have two different viewers, and one of them I use rarely. I think the last time I used the second viewer was a month back or so, so I doubt that would be the problem. And like I said before, I've done clean installs. That means completely uninstalling both of my viewers before installing one of them back.

Wulfie Reanimator wrote:

Yes, others do see me bugged aswell. In fact, they see it
alot worse.
Stretched limbs/neck and the smallest possible head you can make with a shape. (Everything set to 0.) I can't get you a picture of what they see, right now, but I might come back with one later on.

I myself am at a loss for anything else to suggest that hasn't been suggested here already other than an extreme suggestion I heard someone make for another major problem.  They claimed it worked though for other reasons it didn't make sense to me.  However they are a seasoned user.

What they said they did was they just pulled the plug on their computer while logged in.  Not shut down, but literally pull the plug.  Their thinking was by doing this it did not allow the system to save their current state and afterwards they said it fixed their problem and they were able to rebuild.  I know that's a long shot but I have no other ideas.

I do hope you added your voice to the JIRA I linked above.  IF this is something a Linden does need to fix we have seen on some occasions Linden's step in and correct problems when they saw someone having them.

Hoping for the best for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.