Dust/Cleaning

Vidana Darkfury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have see it someone, sadly i dont remember were it was, they had all kinda things with cleaning scripts, were you need a broom, feather duster and so on to clean the stuff up, after a set time its getting "dirty" again and its got % showen how dirty/Clean it is.

Iv tryed out all kinda words and tryed to find a shop were you can get that script ore even the funiture/s ore how its working.

someone there who can help me with that?

I know the sort of thing you mean, I think.   You have, for example, an obviously dirty floor and you use an item that puts you into a cleaning animation, and after a while the floor starts to look cleaner.

I've never made one, but, if I was, I'd start a timer going when I detected you'd sat on the poseball that puts you into the floor cleaning anim/were on the floor and wearing a scrubbing brush that played a scrubbing anim, and then change the texture after a while so the floor looked a bit cleaner.

And then, after you'd finished, I'd restart the timer, at a slower rate, and start letting it get dirty again.

That or maybe I'd have a two-layer floor, one with the nice clean carpet and an identically sized layer superimposed, with a grungy layer on it, and slowly make the top layer get more and more transparent as the carpet got cleaner.   That would probably work bettter, come to think of it.

• Like 1

@ Innula Zenovka, that kinda thing im looking for

but the things iv seen had bean working without a posball. the feather duster was animated ore started a animation as soon you reached a Wallhanging and so and the broom / vacuumcleaner animated/ made sound as soon as you went over a rug ore the dirty floors, with a 100% - 0% dirty/clean, and a very slow get dirty again timer.

it even told how long its bean since the last cleaning, somthing bout 3-4 days (real time) till 100% dirty "think"

I like Innula's concept. It sounds like a good approach to the project.  If you are trying to write the script yourself and get stuck along the way, come back here and post what you have done.  There's usually someone willing to help  another scripter over the tough spots.  If you aren't interested in doing the scripting yourself, though, this isn't the right place to ask. You really ought to post in the Wanted fourm or, if you are hoping to hire a scripter to do a custom job for you, in the InWorld Employment forum.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.