where to go to learn scripting

emmettcullen93

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Really I found the best way to learn scripting is to pick up a good book to learn the basics in a structured way Plus playing around a lot :) Scripting Your World (the official guide to second life scripting) is an excellent learning resource and reference Creating Your World (another book in the same series) also contains very good tutorials as well as building etc I would get one or the other of these. They are a bit out of date but very good. Obviously you can look through other peoples scripts and try to pick them apart but there's nothing like writing a script yourself from scratch. And of course the wikis http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Portal are a constant companion throughout your scripting SL.

One place I fount to be a brilliant source of practical examples of scripts and the way they work as well as having a great support group was the Collage of Scripting, Music and science.

I will post the SLurl and the exact name if I got it wrong when I log into SL next unless someone here beats me to it. But you can search for the group in SL Search and ask in there for a LM to the collage.

Also the NCI has some good scripting classes that cover the basics and even some more advanced topics ;-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.