Buying Lindens problems

digitalanarchy10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I had this same problem with my bank at first. The cause may or may not be related to what your experiecing but is worth looking into 

At the time this happened, it was not LL that was submitting the request for payment to my bank , but a subcontractor locatedi n England handled all the card processing for LL.  The subcontractor handled processing for a number of web sites that  turned out to be fraudulent (the web site not the processor), so many banks would no longer accept transactions from this payment processor.  My bank didn't know anything about Second Life or Linden Lab and was denying all payments from this processor for my protection. In my case, suspicion was aroused not only because of who the processor was, but because the request was coming from over seas when they knew I wasn't in England.  All it took was for me to straighten it out was to explain all this and tell the bank to accept payment requests from this procesor as they were legitimate charges.

Check with billing to find out who the payment processor is for your card and then check with your bank again.  In my case, all it took was for me to tell the bank to accept payment requests from this procesor as they were legitimate.

I am so frustrated with Second Life right now!  A few days ago I tried to update my payment method information by adding current credit card info.  I was able to add the new information, but unable to delete the old or use the new info to buy Lindens.  All of the icons are greyed-out and non-functional.  The "help" button leads to a page that is no longer available.  I sent an e-mail to support/billing, but got a return message saying the e-mail could not be delivered to that address. 

I don't understand why a business based on people spending lots of money makes it so difficult.  This delay has ruined one of the aspects of Second Life I had currently been enjoying, participating in the breedable animals phenomenon.  Unable to purchase more Lindens, I was also unable to purchase more 'food' and now all of those animals are 'sick.'  

A good lesson and lots of money saved, I suppose.  I'm moments away from deleting my Second Life account. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.