no way for merchants to check sold items?

Osiris Braveheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I received an email form my slx box that one of my items was sold. I did NOT recieve a payment email like I normally do. Going to the marketplavce, i see NO WHERE to check my sold items, and in my sl account there is NO marketplace sale listed for that item in that time frame? WHY doesn't the marketplaqce have a feature for merchants to check on status of delivered items?

Not real sure what you're asking for exactly, but there is a way to check your order history. Go to marketplace, while logged in look up top where your name is, there's a link that says My Marketplace, click the little arrow(it opens a drop down), go to merchant home.On that page you want to click under orders, it says "transaction history". That's where all of your orders are, successful and failed ones.

If you got an email for an order, that's not listed on that page, you can always submit a ticket and have LL look into it. I've had that happen and when compared to my actual transaction history on secondlife.com it turns out that it never was an order(I didn't deliver, the person didn't pay, and no one was out anything, no clue where or why the email was ever sent, but I did double check that with LL as well-turned out to just be some kinda glitch). That's the only time I've gotten an email for an order not listed on that transactions history page.

I've gotten other emails, and also orders, listed under my orders that I never got paid for, but that's an entirely different issue.

They didn't  "just decide" anything. Failed deliveries have been part of the MP since it's inception. Some merchants are more affected than others, but the potential has been there since day one.

Partial delivery failure doesn't necessarily mean YOUR item wasn't delivered. It could be something else they bought at the same time, from another seller. Every single seller represented in that cart/purchase, for that person, will say "partially failed" for delivery, even the stuff that got there fine. The actual purchase info will tell you if your item was safely delivered and if you've been paid for it, or not. As long as your item delivers, you should get paid for it, just fine. Even if something else, from another merchant, in that person's cart fails. I have , in the last week 5 partially failed deliveries, listed under my orders. Out of those 5, not a single one was an item from my store that failed to deliver. I got paid for all the items those folks bought, from me, it's other items in their order they didn't get.

all of them have been failed from me. And the reason I say decided to screw with something is because there is some new beta thing being tested, and until now I have not had any problems with failed deliveries. So this week alone, i have lost 6 sales. I'm thinking about just making a disclaimer in the product pages to either hit the inworld store, or buy now instead of carting items. With SLX this wasn't a problem.

The beta thing has been going on for a while now and to be honest I doubt it has anything at all to do with the failed deliveries. The timing just doesn't coincide well with the few big spikes of delivery issues MP has had.  I used to sell on slex and xstreet too. Failed deliveries *did happen, not quite as often, but did exist(moreso with xstreet, than slex). Failed deliveries went up in general when marketplace rolled into town, and there are times when the number of failed deliveries increases(usually that's when LL has touched something they shouldn't, but you'll see an overall increase in issues from many, many, merchants, not just a small handful, when that happens). But it'll vary per merchant too. Until their latest debacle(which affected the majority, imo), I've had very few issues as a merchant. I've had more as a customer.

If your store is having that many failed deliveries, it might be worth restarting your sim(or having it restarted if you cannot), where your magic box resides. Even taking up and re-rezzing your box sometimes helps. There have been others who have had to take up their boxes, put fresh ones out, and then reput everything back into the new boxes, to solve their issues. Script lag can affect your magicbox without you even realizing it. Script lag isn't really something you'll always notice, or feel. Happens all the time. I get script lag on my sim a lot, especially at night. Mostly because there's a club there and the patrons don't much care for being asked to limit their footprint. Eh, what can I do, other than move, right? It goes away eventually. I can still move and function just fine, but some of the scripted objects, aren't so lucky.(makes me wonder how they even function in that club to be honest, but gotta give them props, at least there are people in it, lol). Thankfully it rarely affects my boxes. It seems the things affected by it are things we don't really use a ton.

I'd go that route first, check to be certain it's not your sim, or objects/scripts on your sim contributing to your failed deliveries, and then go from there. Especially if you're not the only parcel on that sim. If it's not you, try giving it a little time, and hopefully the issue will resolve itself. It might just be your unlucky week. Scattered incidents happen without LL even touching anything, lol. As for a disclaimer, you could add it, but I think for the most part, people in general realize you can't always be held responsible when things go wrong. I know it's a pain in the butt to lose a sale, but at least the customer(in most cases) gets their money back if it was deducted and the transaction failed. So they can always purchase again. It's something people are getting more used to and it's more the minority who would/will make a big deal of it. Most people are more understanding than they once were, because these issues have existed with MP for so long now.(shame people are actually getting used to failure, but it's true, lol).

Hopefully your issues will resolve themselves soon. Weeks like that are just an all around pain in the butt, no matter why, or how, they happened.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.