DARN. You have been logged out of second life. This region may be experiencing trouble.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been getting this whenever I log in for like 2mins, Is there something wrong with Second Life today? I checked my internet connection like it says and it's fine. I  then go to read  offline message and another message says Your desired location is not currently available. You have been moved into a near by region.    Can someone tell me what's up? I have been trying on and off for the last how many hours, Is anyone else having this problem too or am I just the unlucky one tonight?  I  have never had this problem in the past logging on.    Please help!

- RagdollGirl Moonites

5 answers to this question

If logging in to another region, as Lindal suggested, doesn't fix it, try deleting the Second Life folder in AppData > Roaming and then relogging. Second Life will create a new default folder. I've seen this work for some people faced with a similar issue.

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SecondLife
Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife
Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife
Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife
Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SecondLife\ (Viewer version 1.23.5 (136262)

You could also try resetting your router.

Another possibility is you're having difficulty with HTTP textures so disable that in the Develop menu and see if that stops the crashes.

Had the same problem too... 2 min for loggin, then automatically logged out with the DARN message.

Tried this trick from Whirly Fizzle and THAT WORKED very well for me; logging in is now very much faster and no more disconnection.

To rule this out as the cause, firstly make sure hidden files and folders are set to show, see instructions here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files
Then browse to C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife
Inside the SecondLife folder, open the folder that is named with the affected accounts name
Inside this folder, look for a file named open_notifications.xml and delete it.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-24990?focusedCommentId=339059&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-339059

• Like 1

As Auxane said, it's probably the open notifications that are making your viewer crash. But there is an easier way to fix the problem. Just do this:

1. When you get the "Darn. You have been... etc." message, don't click on "Quit". Click on "view IMs" instead.

2. On the upper right corner, you'll see the "Notifications" button: it's a little rectangle resembling an envelope with the number 994 (that's the number of open notifications when the viewer stops counting). Right click on it and click "Close All". You'll need to wait a few seconds until your computer deletes the open notifications. (If your viewer crashes while doing this, try it again in some protected region like Smith. If you still crash, try closing manually a few notifications. But probably you won't need to do any of this.)

3. Quit and relog.

This should fix it. After that you only need to remember closing the open notifications from time to time! :)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.