Info on online status changes

Zanara Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

All of us have realized for a long time now that this same communication problem is the underlying problem. None of us expect LL coders to understand on a deep level how SL works, but I think it reasonable to expect them to consult with those that do. And I think it fair to say that creator-merchants, esp those of us depending on SL commerce for a significant part of our income, are the power users of SL, and have the most at stake.
This is why the Received Items folder received so much opposition from merchants but barely any attention from non-creators,
although it would affect everyone to some degree.

"
This is why the Received Items folder received so much opposition from merchants but barely any attention from non-creators,"

Sometimes it really is a matter of where information is posted.  I would never known about this if I hadn't happened to stumble into the Merchants Forum.  I was a little bored and randomly decided to take a look into the Merchants Forum.  Otherwise I would have never seen it.

My usual stomping ground is General Discussion and lately the Technology Forum.

But yes, as a non-creator I didn't like what I saw at first and responded.  I considered cross linking this in GD but didn't.  Sometimes  I do that with "buried topics."

Sassy posted a thread about it in GD, Perrie. Ya must have not have noticed it :-)  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/New-feature-ALL-ITEMS-received-go-into-one-folder-called-quot/m-p/1397683/message-uid/1397683#U1397683

Pamela Galli wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

All of us have realized for a long time now that this same communication problem is the underlying problem. None of us expect LL coders to understand on a deep level how SL works, but I think it reasonable to expect them to consult with those that do. And I think it fair to say that creator-merchants, esp those of us depending on SL commerce for a significant part of our income, are the power users of SL, and have the most at stake.
This is why the Received Items folder received so much opposition from merchants but barely any attention from non-creators,
although it would affect everyone to some degree.

"
This is why the Received Items folder received so much opposition from merchants but barely any attention from non-creators,"

Sometimes it really is a matter of where information is posted.  I would never known about this if I hadn't happened to stumble into the Merchants Forum.  I was a little bored and randomly decided to take a look into the Merchants Forum.  Otherwise I would have never seen it.

My usual stomping ground is General Discussion and lately the Technology Forum.

But yes, as a non-creator I didn't like what I saw at first and responded.  I considered cross linking this in GD but didn't.  Sometimes  I do that with "buried topics."

Sassy posted a thread about it in GD, Perrie. Ya must have not have noticed it :-) 

i must have been having a blonde moment............i even posted in that thread!

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.